Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

ABS Light On. Checked basics

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  ZSilv71 
#1 ·
Hi all,
'01 Silverado 5.3. Today when driving I noticed the ABS light was on. Under braking I'm not noticing any ABS pulsing or anything else unusual. I checked the fluid level and it is full. Also cleaned and remounted the ground with di-electric grease. Light is still on. Any ideas? Thanks..

Jake

#4 ·
its allready disconnected if the light is on, it wont hurt anything. There is no way to turn off the light without a whole lot of research and probably work tracking down wiring. If you going to spend the time you would be better off just checking all the connections at the hub and putting dielectric grease on them.

#6 ·
Had the ABS and Parking brake lights come on yesterday. Research tells me most likely speed sensor(s). Later in the day I decided to pull the ABS fuse (it's a 60) in the engine compartment. Looked fine, flipped it around and put it back. Both lights disappeared. Taking it in Monday for a scan to see if any codes are there..

Do you guys think this will come back at some point? Hate to put hundreds of dollars into speed sensors yet it would drive me nuts to have 2 idiot lights lit up 24/7 on the dash...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.