jQuery not supported.

Bleeding the Brakes, but wont bleed???

Bleeding the Brakes, but wont bleed???

Postby 07BlackOps [OP] » Apr 05 2012, 4:00am

I recently had to replace all the brake lines in my 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD as well as all new calipers, rotors and pads. Now I despite everything ive tried, I cant get the brakes to bleed. Ive tried even letting the engine run while pumping and have my friend with a vacuum bleeder. Ive bled the master cylinder, but still nothing. Ive read a few places that state I might need to bring it to GM to have them use a scan tool to get the ABS module to start pumping. How do I know if I need to do that and/or what am I missing that the brakes will still not bleed. I know how to bleed brakes this isnt my first time at the rodeo, just really confused how the bleeding process isnt work no matter what I try.
WHEN IN DOUBT, YOU CAN NEVER USE TOO MUCH PB BLASTER!
Original Poster
07BlackOps
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 48
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2001
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 2500 HD 6.0L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  1990 454 SS Clutch / Slave Cylinder Bleeding Problems   caliper won't bleed   cant get driver side front caliper to bleed!!   Front driver side won't bleed, what am I missing.   4.3 wont start   Truck wont run   need help. truck wont take gas   truck wont start   4WD wont engage   Truck Wont Start   Please help truck wont even crank!   2013 5.3 wont start   HELP Silverado Wont Start   Truck wont start 
Brakes Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: Bleeding the Brakes, but wont bleed???

Postby ASTE25 » Apr 05 2012, 11:20am

Make sure you are pulling the brake pedal all the way up when trying to bleed the air from the system. If the pedal is not brought all the way up you will never get all the air out. I would keep trying to bleed them with the engine running as well.
Jordan
2013 Blue Granite Metalic Silverado 2500HD Z71 4X4 extended cab regular bed
6.6L Duramax/Allison 6 speed
Line-X premium over the rail (black)
ASTE25
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 19
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2013
Extra Info: 2500HD Z-71
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Postby chevellemark » May 23 2012, 5:22pm

You can try to bleed them with the abs motor running by taking off the ground wire on the frame which will cause the abs motor to run even with the key out of the ignition.
chevellemark
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 11
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 1999
Extra Info: z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Bubba G » Jun 13 2012, 2:23am

Did you ever get this figured out? I had to replace 2 rusted brake lines from the master cylinder to the abs box and i cannot get mine to bleed either.Even tried a vacuum pump on them. Still no luck. What am i doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated......
Bubba G
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2001
Extra Info: 2500HD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby iogt007 » Mar 28 2013, 1:47am

If the master has gone dry, you will need to start your bleeding at master cyl before going to wheels. If you keep getting air at master, replace it. Rule#1, never release brake pedal with line or bleeder open, never let master cyl reservoir get less than half full. It is best to use a pressure bleeder. If after bleeding and there is no air at wheels, you will need to do an electronic bleed with a scanner such as Tech2, re-bleed with pressure bleeder and do another electronic bleed.
iogt007
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 1965
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Brakes