jQuery not supported.

CANT GET A PEDAL ON BRAKES

Cant Bleed out Silverado

CANT GET A PEDAL ON BRAKES

Postby majordad [OP] » Mar 10 2013, 8:13pm

Man truck kicking my but blew a brake line decided to replace all hard lines ,, calibers ABS sensors front pads all the war around tried to bleed 2 man deal nothing at all was told ABS proportion valuve locked up ok replaced the whole abs unit started a new bleed using a vacume rear bleed nice finaly right front would not give me a drop drivers front good flushed the entire brake system new fluid a gallon. could not for the life of me get the right front pass to bleed at all even with a vacume like somthing is shut wound left fluid to the r/f . did the two man with truck off get a hard pedal with the 2 man bleed all good on three lines no air nothing but clean brake fluid no bubbles ,

try the right front pass side again not a d** drop did a reverse bleed on the R/F only sent some clean fluid back to the abs a little bit got back there then nothing check the pedal again when the truck not running stiff pedal start the truck up bam the brake pedal goes to the floor reblled all again same crap all three hard r/f not a drop get in again check the pedal off pedal hard start it up bam pedal to the floor , three slow pumps pedal seem to get a bit stiffer but then losses the pedal again abs light on wont go out master cy was working fine as well as the bosster Vacume before the line blew repaced all and abs unit also and wheen sensors to the abs still light on no pedal when running pedal hard when off

getting pretty stupmed here any sugesstions to check

people tell me you need a tech II to scan the abs and auto bleed but that does not explain why i can get kick A** flow out of both rear calibers and the drives side front now a drop out of the Pass Front
Original Poster
majordad
Topics: 1
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2001
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 Ext Cab 4X 4.3
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  soft pedal   Loose gas pedal on my 04   brake pedal goes soft for a second   Clutch pedal squeaking   Sticky accelerator pedal   Gas pedal Issue..   fadeing pedal /no leaks   No pedal on 2005 3500   Brake pedal goes to the floor   Pedal Position Sensor Problem   Accelerator pedal switch/relay - where is it?   Brake Pedal Position Sensor ?   Intermittent extreme pedal pulsation   sqeaky noise when brake pedal is applied 
Brakes Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: CANT GET A PEDAL ON BRAKES

Postby tcnoakes » Mar 11 2013, 8:44am

What kind of gibberish is this?? Im confused, and interest in helping is lost due to lack of patience in trying to sort through that one long sentence. Maybe someone else can chime in.
tcnoakes
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 43
Year: 2012
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby camfire87 » Mar 11 2013, 8:51am

^^Ditto...If you need some help, then building a proper sentence will definitely help us help you. Also, you may want to introduce yourself in the "introductions" forum before posting looking for help.

All I got out of that mess was "my brakes don't work"...?

2" levelling kit
Stampede flares
Eagle Alloy rims with 275/70/18 General Grabber AT's
camfire87
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Topics: 13
Blogs: 5
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2012
Extra Info: 1500 Z71 5.3l 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ASTE25 » Mar 11 2013, 11:03am

Did you replace the rubber hoses? They tend to collapse internally and prevent the flow of brake fluid. Also, make sure you pull the brake pedal all the way up when bleeding the brakes to make sure you get the master cylinder to move it's complete stroke. If you do not have a diagnostic scanner you can try bleeding the brakes with the engine running to get the ABS pump to help bleed the air through it.
Jordan
2013 Blue Granite Metalic Silverado 2500HD Z71 4X4 extended cab regular bed
6.6L Duramax/Allison 6 speed
Line-X premium over the rail (black)
ASTE25
Topics: 19
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2013
Extra Info: 2500HD Z-71
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Postby majordad [OP] » Mar 11 2013, 12:51pm

Sorry guys on the post im just quite pissed with all this. I have been tossing money left and right on this im just a family man with very little money and the only vech i have to try and make a living and or to even get out there and look for work is sitting in the garage , may not be the best in typing but thats not the point here.

again
Blew lines in dec
replaced all lines in late feb no flow
relaced ABS unit all calibers and new pads
front wheel abs sensors

went to bleed after all new stuff installed

used a vacume bleeder bleed L/R R/R Pass Front NO flow Drivers front Good Flow

then bleed 2 man three slow pumps on the brakes open the bleeder all good on rears Pass Front not a drop Drivers front all good

Pedal hard when not running start the truck pedal to floor three slow pumps when running pedal gets a little stiffer then gone

HOPE THAT HELPS did not come here askig for help to get my A** chewed out just trying to take care of my family
Original Poster
majordad
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby majordad [OP] » Mar 11 2013, 12:56pm

ASTE25 wrote:Did you replace the rubber hoses? They tend to collapse internally and prevent the flow of brake fluid. Also, make sure you pull the brake pedal all the way up when bleeding the brakes to make sure you get the master cylinder to move it's complete stroke. If you do not have a diagnostic scanner you can try bleeding the brakes with the engine running to get the ABS pump to help bleed the air through it.

Thanks ill check that when it gets light out could the master Cyc have gone bad or mabey lines on the mc reversed ??

looking at the MC dead on ports facing me Left Port MC Front brake lines Right Port closest to the Vacume booster Rear LInes ??

and thanks for just responding with out all the BS like the other guys Ive been under this truck since late jan
Original Poster
majordad
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby majordad [OP] » Mar 11 2013, 12:59pm

camfire87 wrote:^^Ditto...If you need some help, then building a proper sentence will definitely help us help you. Also, you may want to introduce yourself in the "introductions" forum before posting looking for help.

All I got out of that mess was "my brakes don't work"...?

Hi sorry to have offended you I dont have a webster sitting next to my computer like you.

may i another mother . LOL
Original Poster
majordad
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby benz604 » Mar 11 2013, 1:52pm

id pull that master cyl and do an old fashioned bench bleed on it....just a thought
benz604
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 5.3 4x4 crewcab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby gmcultr » Mar 11 2013, 1:56pm

I vote master cylinder. Something similar happened to my moms Taurus.

• 2001 Sierra HT 4.8
  • OEM Style Electric Fans
  • Oversized Radiator
  • Airaid MIT
  • Jasper Transmission
  • Custom Tuned
gmcultr
Contributor
Contributor
Topics: 47
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 4.8L
Group Membership:
Supporters
Registered users

Postby majordad [OP] » Mar 11 2013, 2:04pm

benz604 wrote:id pull that master cyl and do an old fashioned bench bleed on it....just a thought

if its the master then why would i get good flow out of the rears when truck off good flow out of drivers front and no flow out of pass front ??? since the master is giving me good flow out of the left Drivers front and good flow out of rears just nothing out of the right pass front ???

put a vacume on the rears pulls it like a champ put a vacume on the drivers front great flow put the vacume on pass front nothing wond pull any fluid do a reverse send fluid back throught the pass front just build up preasure and nothing
Original Poster
majordad
Group Membership:
Registered users
Next

Return to Brakes