jQuery not supported.

DIC: "Service Brake System"

DIC: "Service Brake System"

Postby west1134 [OP] » Jun 22 2011, 4:07pm

So my wife and I just bought a new (to us) truck with an after market remote start system (see signature for further details) and after only having it for 24hrs, I remote started it, hopped in and the DIC read "Service Brake System" and the ABS and BRAKE! lights were both illuminated. I immedietely called the dealer from where we bought it and I paid for an extended warranty and told the sales guy what was going on.

He said: "oh, yeah we've seen that before...sorry forgot to mention that when we were talking earlier, but with the after market remote start setup, sometimes what happens is the sequence it turns things on sometimes doesn't happen quick enough and the sensor for the brake system gets an error msg when in reality everything is fine, it just didn't get a response right away. Just clear the msg from the DIC to tell the computer you've read it then throw it into drive and it should go away within a minute or so. If not, feel free to bring it in and we'll certainly take a look at it."

SO I did all this, and he was right, after probably 100ft the ABS & BRAKE! lights went out I felt/saw/heard no issues with the braking system. Now this has never happened when using the key to start the truck, but, has happened once more since this first time while using the remote start. The ONLY thing I have noticed, is that occasionally when parking the truck and engaging the E-brake, sometimes the BRAKE! light does not come on. But if I disengage then re-engage the brake it will light up.

My question is: Has anyone else on here heard of this? Experienced something similar? Have any input??
Just bought 6/16/11: 2006 Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Duramax turbo diesel, 4x4, crew cab, standard box, Bose system, leather
Original Poster
west1134
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 5
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2006
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Dirtymaxx
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD "Service Trailer Brake System"   Service brake system and parking brake light on   1 Month old truck, "Service Airbag" Warning illuminated   Intune caused "Service 4wd" light?   RANGE and "Service Stabilitrack" Message   Another member of the "Service 4WD Club"   Service Brake System Warning   Service Brake System light!!!   Yet another "Service 4wd" question   "Jake Brake" noise when letting off gas..(Video)   service brake system with abs and parking break light   Brakes "slip" at the end of a brake   "Fuel Service"   is a 1994 gmc a "big" or "manly" truck ? 
Brakes Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: DIC: "Service Brake System"

Postby west1134 [OP] » Jun 27 2011, 9:13pm

Huh...was hoping to hear some input guess this is a unique issue. Just an update, since I posted this I have remote started it a number of times and haven't had the error come up, and has yet to happen while using the key to start the rig, so I'm leaning towards what the sales rep told me regarding the sequence in which things get turned on while using remote start.

All in all, still LOVING this truck!
Just bought 6/16/11: 2006 Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Duramax turbo diesel, 4x4, crew cab, standard box, Bose system, leather
Original Poster
west1134
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: DIC: "Service Brake System"

Postby west1134 [OP] » Jul 15 2011, 11:18pm

Well, its been a few weeks now and I've used the remote start some more with it only having the "service brake system" message coming up one more time. Again as mentioned above it disappears quickly and I haven't seen/had any issues otherwise.
Original Poster
west1134
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Brakes