Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Feeling movement in brake pedal with wipers engaged?

758 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jnicks555 
#1 ·
It was hard to find the right place to post this one.. and yes that subject is correct.
This morning it was raining pretty bad on my way to work so I had the wipers going. While sitting at a red light I felt random pulsing movement in the pedals and it's pretty noticeable. Then I realized that I felt it exactly when the wipers would go up. :? I know this sounds weird and probably not serious, but i wasn't sure if this was normal. It's a pretty good little shake in the pedal. Enough for me to be curious and type this post. I just dont see how wipers will cause any movement in the brakes at all, especially as much as it is.

#3 ·
on both my truck and my wife's trailblazer the headlights dim slightly when pressing the brakes or rolling up the windows. the electrical system is all tied together, so the energy use of the wipers is probably pulling a bit away from the abs system. that could be the cause of the softer feel to the pedal when it pulses, and firming up when the power level returns to normal

#5 ·
I think it's normal. I'll bet it gets more noticable when they are on high. The wipers are controlled by a motor mounted on the fire wall. I'm sure you just feel the vibrations that are coming from the motor and wiper transmission as they are working.

#6 ·
Right, I didn't think of the abs system. I'm pretty sure I felt the same thing when I rolled my window down while braking too. I guess that would be it. I just never felt it with my 05 silverado and I just bought my 2010 last week so I want it to be perfect.
Thanks guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.