Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Power Stop Brake Kit

14K views 30 replies 22 participants last post by  bbdram4u 
#1 ·
Was wondering if any of you have ever used the Power Stop Break kit. If so what do you think about them? Auto anything has them for a good price.

#6 ·
I just installed extreme powerstop tow and haul brake kit on my 2001 Silverado extended cab and bedded the brakes and so far seems much better than stock brakes. I haven't had them up on the highway yet tomorrow will see how it handles at speed. Took about 3 hours to convert everything over drilled and slotted rotors look great.

#7 ·
PMEDIC9 said:
I just installed extreme powerstop tow and haul brake kit on my 2001 Silverado extended cab and bedded the brakes and so far seems much better than stock brakes. I haven't had them up on the highway yet tomorrow will see how it handles at speed. Took about 3 hours to convert everything over drilled and slotted rotors look great.
Any update on the performance of these?

#9 ·
Sorry it took so long to reply These brakes are awesome the truck stops like a corvette I have been driving around with about 700Lbs of concrete in bed for about a week and you could not even tell it was there when it came time to stop. I would highly recommend these brakes the only issue was they squealed a little at first but that has past. They are also a great price vs factory brakes. :D

#17 ·
silverado253 said:
Put them on my 08 silverado hate them they stop great but dust is over the top also the rotors warped in like two months. Not happy with them getting factory pads and rotors. They arnt even 9 months old and the pad is almost gone on the out side already.
If you have uneven pad ware, you might have a caliper seizing up on you. Uneven ware is indicative of caliper issues.

#18 ·
Just a follow up With 1 year under my belt of driving, towing with Powerstop brakes mine are drilled and slotted rotors all the way around on my truck the truck still stops faster and the rotors have no warping as factory rotors are prone to. So I give them 5 out of 5 for value and performance.

#20 ·
Installed the Powerstops- drilled/slotted , ceramic shoes yesterday. Wow! what a difference! I have these on my HHR and also had them on an F250 and a F150. All vehicles were driven like I stole them. Got great life out of them, no warping, very little dust. I will use them again with out hesitation.

#22 ·
i have drilled and slotted powerstop rotors on my 04 z71 5.3l and they are awesome, i dont tow but i do do alot of hard braking since i drive like im on a race track and they dont over heat or anything like the stock rotors do, i have ceramic brake pads from my local autozone so its not the kit that you are talking about but for what they are they do just fine

#23 ·
A further update I installed Powerstop Z36 Towing brake pads and drilled and slotted rotors. I pull a trailer through the White Mountains of New Hampshire and with almost 3 years on the brakes the back pads are worn out and will need to be replaced the front pads are worn but still usable. There is no warping of rotors and minimal wear. I'm going to install Powerstop Brake kit on my wife's vehicle soon. Definitely worth the money.

#25 ·
I'm looking at the Power Stop package for my 2003 (Sun Blast Yellow) GMC 2WD extended cab Sierra.

Rock Auto and even Amazon have Power Stop kit with ceramic pads and drilled rotors for reasonable money.

I'm ready to get them on order but my question is how do I know if I have single or dual piston rear calipers?
Is there a way to make that determination without removing a rear wheel and caliper? Would the VIN tell me what I need to know?

Thanks for the help!

#26 ·
I'm looking at the Power Stop pad and rotor combo for my 2003 Sierra 2WD extended cab.

How do I determine if I need the rear single or dual piston rotor and pad kit?

One review said I need to look at my rear brakes from underneath the truck.
What specifically am I looking for? Can I make this determination without removing a rear wheel?

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.