jQuery not supported.

02 silverado 1500 - where are the hvac blend door actuators/

02 silverado 1500 - where are the hvac blend door actuators/

Postby wcostello [OP] » Sep 27 2010, 12:05am

i have an 02 1500 that only blows cold air. i have replace climate control and have good flow through core. seems the blend door actuator may be stuck/bad. i dont know how many actuators i have. i thought just one but when i shop for it i have the option of and upper and a bottom actuator - one twice as much money as the other but identical in appearance. i also cant find any information on where it/they are located. one place said passengerside by heat core another said under steering wheel.. its going to be getting cold real soon and i need to fix this asap. any specifics on how many and where these actuators are would be GREATLY appreciated. its a 2002 silverado 1500 4.3L auto regular 2 door cab. i only get real cold air out of upper and lower which is why i was thinking that one door controlled hot and cold air to both. please help, need your advice on what and where to buy and where to locate parts on truck. thanks much.
Original Poster
wcostello
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2002
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 4.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: 02 silverado 1500 - where are the hvac blend door actuat

Postby koolz71 » Sep 27 2010, 12:22am

Im not sure how much i can help u, but i just had one of mine replaced in my 04 and there are 2 actuators and one is more pricey than the other. On my truck one is behind the glovebox, the other if i remember is buried somewhere behind the radio.
Crap, my hampster fell off the wheel and it broke its leg.

Check out my blog

koolz71
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 91
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2004
Extra Info: Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby wcostello [OP] » Sep 28 2010, 5:16pm

does your 04 have dual climate controls? mine has one control. im assuming perhaps there is one for hot/cold and another for upper/floor? thanks for replying, seems i get a different answer from everyone. money is just a little tight going into the winter and now its becoming a vendetta.. how much was it to replace the one for you, if you dont mind my asking..?
Original Poster
wcostello
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby koolz71 » Sep 28 2010, 5:22pm

Yes the 04 had dual. I honestly dont know the price for them to fix it, it was covered under warranty but they did tell me it was labor intensive. The part is about 150 if i remember right. Its just labor that jacks up the price

Check out my blog

koolz71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby wcostello [OP] » Oct 01 2010, 4:58am

Thanks again for the info..
Original Poster
wcostello
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby brandon mitchell » Nov 03 2010, 4:03am

What happened to your actuator? That's basically correct. One under the steering wheel and one near the passenger side. I don't know how much it would cost to repair them.
brandon mitchell
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby chevy1500 » Dec 12 2010, 8:14am

i have an 02 silverado z71 and the a/c stopped working last week. luckily for me its just starting to get cold down here in LA. i wanted to fix the problem though, i herd the longer you leave it broken the more money it costs to fix it. the air blows hot. i tried to put freon in it but it wouldnt take any. the compressor is not kicking on, do they have a solenoid for the compressor? i checked all the fuses and they are all good. do yal know what my problem could be? i have never had this problem before, a/c always blew ice cold before.
02 chevy silverado Z71
3in body lift
3in suspension lift
flomaster exaust
k&n filter
hypertech chip
chevy1500
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 1
Extra Info: 1500 5.3l v8 z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby koolz71 » Dec 13 2010, 3:27am

I had the same issue with my truck..it lost freon and that was a tell tale sign of the actuators going bad..they filled it up once they fixed it..as for prolonging it making it worse i have never heard that if u dont use ur ac it shouldnt hurt anything till its fixed..

Check out my blog

koolz71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby chevy1500 » Dec 13 2010, 2:46pm

ok do you know where the other actuator is located? i can see the one on the dryer but where is the other one? does the power have to go through the actuator for the compressor to get power? because my compressor isnt gettin no juice.
02 chevy silverado Z71
3in body lift
3in suspension lift
flomaster exaust
k&n filter
hypertech chip
chevy1500
Topics: 1
Extra Info: 1500 5.3l v8 z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby koolz71 » Dec 13 2010, 2:53pm

one is behind the radio and all that junk in the middle and the other is behind the glovebox somewere from what they told me on my 04

Check out my blog

koolz71
Group Membership:
Registered users
Next

Return to Climate Control