jQuery not supported.

A/C keeps blowing air after truck is turned off

Postby SilveradoHorseshoer [OP] » Sep 30 2012, 5:14am

Hey everyone,

So in the last few days my A/C has been acting weird.

It keeps blowing air for about 15 seconds or so after truck is turned off and keys are removed from the ignition.

Also sometimes it takes about 10 seconds to start blowing when I turn the truck on.

I have extended warranty so I will be taking it into the dealership in the next few days but I was just curious if anyone had any idea what might be going on incase they try to bs me. Thanks
Original Poster
SilveradoHorseshoer
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 12
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2003
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  AC blowing air but not COLD air   Air only blowing out defrost?   drivers side blowing cold air   oil turned to jelly   Engine hot. A/C turned off   Heater shut off when I turned the wipers on   Finally got the 3.5 rc lift. I think it turned out great    Vortec 5.3 Losing Gas Pressure When Turned Off   detailed today. All the hard work turned out great.   06 2500HD Deforster not blowing   CHMSL Fuse Keeps Blowing   Heater fuse keeps blowing!! HELP   A/C Not blowing evenly? or barely at all   Silverado blowing A/C fuse 
Climate Control Sponsor
Advertise Here

Postby Machster69 » Sep 30 2012, 11:58am

It seems i remember a thread on here.. Very similar if not the same as yours. I car say i remember exactly the cause... Maybe the switch on the dash was bad, idk i cant remember but im pretty sure its on here somewhere
Machster69
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 103
Blogs: 8
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 5.3 SLE 2wd
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users

Re: A/C keeps blowing air after truck is turned off

Postby SilverSurfer » Oct 11 2012, 5:56am

I just saw this on an 06. The blower motor resistor gets battery power and the a/c control head gets power from the ignition switch, so the only answer was a bad blower motor switch. The new one from Chevy was redesigned, go figure.
1 1/2" Rear Drop........................................................3.73 Posi
Spectre CAI..................................................'Vette Servo Piston
SilverSurfer
Staff Member
Staff Member
Topics: 42
Blogs: 3
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2003
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3L Auto 2wd Posi
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Global moderators
Registered users
Servicemen

Return to Climate Control