Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

AC problem

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  woodsracer 
#1 ·
Seems I have the common problem of the blend door or something. My truck is a 2005 GMC Sierra Quad cab. My AC works, but I have the dual climate control and one side will be hot and the other side cool. It doesn't have a problem switching between Defrost, to panel, to floor..It just wont adjust the temp on either side. From what I have read, there are 3 doors of this type in the system? Which could it be? Is there a write up on how to diagnose and fix without taking to stealership?

#4 ·
Driver side blowing hot is the door motor on the bottom in he middle. You will have to take the cover off that is over the blower motor over to the hump. The motor is on the edge of the hump. There are 135 at Oriellys. The easiest thing to do for summertime is just get you 2 heater hose valves and put those in both heater hose lines till you have the money to fix it.

#5 ·
That's also a symptom of low Freon. You have two blend doors that are kinda tough to get to. They're electric so with the key on, engine off, fan on 1 you should be able to hear them move. They usually start clicking when they go bad.

I'd get an evac/recharge done. That's usually cheaper than 1 blend door motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.