jQuery not supported.

Blend Door Actuator Diagnosis

Blend Door Actuator Diagnosis

Postby generaldisarray [OP] » Feb 06 2012, 2:58am

Just purchased a 2009 Sierra 2500HD, soon realized I had cold air blowing on passenger side with the heat on. Drivers side blows nice and hot. I'm assuming I have a bad actuator. I did the HVAC fuse reset and it fixed the problem for a while, but now it is back and want to get it fixed right.

Blows cold no matter what, vent, floor or defrost.

Have looked at the parts and found that there are a few different part numbers available. Can someone tell me which actuator or actuators I need. And the location of them in the cab. Have a mechanic that works for me, that will do the work, I just was wanting to get the right part(s) and be able to point him in the general direction when he tears into the dash.
Original Poster
generaldisarray
Topics: 1
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 2500 HD
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  Blend Door Actuator   Blend door actuator change out help   blend door goes to heat   Another blend door question   Silverado blend door actuators   Blend door replaced, new issue   door lock actuator   help replacing mode door actuator please   Cause of door lock actuator failure   DIY Door Lock Actuator   passenger temperature door actuator   P0300 diagnosis help   p0300 diagnosis   *** Spark Plug Diagnosis *** 
Climate Control Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: Blend Door Actuator Diagnosis

Postby 05Canuck » May 16 2014, 12:39am

It is the opposite way you would think...go figure...the actuator for the drivers side is under the fan motor hush panel on the passenger side floor and the one for the drivers is almost behind the radio but entails removing most of the dash. hope that helps. Rich
05Canuck
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 4
Blogs: 0
Year: 2005
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Blend Door Actuator Diagnosis

Postby 05Canuck » May 16 2014, 12:40am