jQuery not supported.

Heater gets stuck on

2000 GMC heater keeps heating

Heater gets stuck on

Postby riot983 [OP] » Jan 13 2012, 3:58am

New to the forum and had a question. I have a 2000 Gmc Sierra and when I turn my heat all the way up then go to turn it to cold it stays heating. Its very hit and miss but it seems like the heat gets stuck on if you turn it all the way. Dads 2000 Yukon has the same problem.
Original Poster
riot983
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2000
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Heater gets stuck on

Postby TommyH » Jan 13 2012, 5:58am

The part you need to change is behind the temp knob. Did it a long time ago but I remember I pulled the knob or knobs on dash face and once I was able to see behind the control it was pretty straight forward what I needed to change. Mine was a 2001 full size silverado. Inexpensive and easy fix.
TommyH
Topics: 1
Year: 2006
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ooohhdave » Jan 13 2012, 7:03am

Sounds like an heater acutator is out on your car. My old 2004 Yukon had 3 zone climate control. Lucky for everyone in the car with 100 degree weather only mine went out, bastards..
ooohhdave
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Topics: 35
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2011
Group Membership:
Registered users

Heater gets stuck on

Postby gmctruckguy » Jan 13 2012, 9:53am

My 2000 Yukon had the same problem but I traded it in before I had it fixed. Don't know what the problem was.
10638His & Hers 2012 Sierra C/C's 6.2L, 4WD, 3.73's, Airaid CAI, Diablo Predator/inTune, Magnaflow Exhaust, Piaa's, 3 1/2" RC Lift, 285 BFG T/A's, Bushwacker Flares, Tuff Country Add-a-Leaf

gmctruckguy
Automotive Technician
Automotive Technician
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Topics: 24
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2012
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: Max Trailering
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Postby rusty01 » May 10 2012, 5:59pm

riot983 wrote:New to the forum and had a question. I have a 2000 Gmc Sierra and when I turn my heat all the way up then go to turn it to cold it stays heating. Its very hit and miss but it seems like the heat gets stuck on if you turn it all the way. Dads 2000 Yukon has the same problem.

Did ya ever get this fixed? My truck does the same thing. I notice one thing is that if it's stuck on hot (never sticks on cold for some reason, strange) and I shut the truck off and start it back up it will be cold. Really sucks when it's 30 going to work and then 80 leaving work! Get half way down the road and realize the damn air is hot! I just put it in neutral, kill the motor, wait a few secs and then fire it back up and keep driving on. Seems to only do this while using the remote start though. If I start it normally with out remote I can change the climate from hot to cold no problem. My truck is a 2001 Sierra.
rusty01
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 7
Year: 2001
Extra Info: SLE 5.3L 4x4 Ext.
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Climate Control