jQuery not supported.

problem with ac

only half of ac working

problem with ac

Postby jg123 [OP] » Jun 20 2010, 8:42pm

hello just found this forum and have a question. i have an 03 silverado. the ac keeps cutting out on the drivers side while remaining cold on passenger side. apparently its some kind of electronic control.any idea where it might be located on truck ? thanks
Original Poster
jg123
Topics: 1
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2003
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  Is this a problem??   I HAVE A PROBLEM   AC problem!   Problem with MIT on 4.8   New to GM trucks, got a problem   Rust Problem   drivetrain problem please help   fuel problem   diagnoising a problem   Tranny problem???   Alternator problem   Weird problem   Another radio problem   Tranny problem?? new to the gm 
Climate Control Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: problem with ac

Postby Agent Fawk » Jun 21 2010, 4:09am

If your vehicle has dual climate control settings then you may have a failing temperature blend door actuator motor on the drivers side. These actuators move the temperature door to match the settings selected at the controls on the dash but sometimes don't feed back the proper information to the controler and the result is that the door will move too far one way or the other giving you too much hot or cold air. When you shut off the vehicle for a few moments and restart it the system cycles the doors and figures out where everything is and it will work for a while until the feedback signal is lost again.
Pull the black shroud down thats under the glove compartment and the actuator should be over there towards the middle.

If not that then it could be a very typical low a/c charge scenario- your system has leaked out more than half the specified refrigerant amount- the evap entrance cools first- which just happens to be the portion that feeds the passenger side- the exit feeds the driver's side- find and fix your leak and evacuate and recharge to factory spec-- number one leak location is compressor shaft seal followed closely by compressor belly (case halves) leaks.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbullet ... p?t=997305
and
http://99intrigue.shutterfly.com/compressor
might help
Agent Fawk
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 12
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2004
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L V8 4x4 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Hoss » Jul 20 2010, 5:38pm

My '04 seems be having this same issue. But, it doesn't work at all. Even after I shut the pickup off for a bit so that it'll cycle the doors. It constantly blows HOT air on the driver side and COLD air on the passenger. I am also having issues with power on the passenger door that all happened at the same time. I'm not sure if they are connected but thought I'd mention it just in case. Any other feedback will be appreciated.

Hoss
Hoss
Topics: 1
Extra Info: Z-71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby lzn197 » Oct 18 2010, 11:40pm

GM had a service bulletin on this kind of problem. Something about wire harnesses routed wrong and pulled tight and/or wire harnesses near the glove box area that chafed on the metal bracket. Does anybody out there have access to GM Service bulletins?
Gordon
2004 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Z71
Semi-retired Master Mechanic
lzn197
ASE Certified
ASE Certified
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
Topics: 6
Blogs: 16
Extra Info: K1500 5.3L Z71 EX
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Postby roger » Jul 15 2013, 6:45pm

I have a 2011 1500 and had the battery go dead. Jump started it and now the a/c blows cold on the drivers side and heat comes through on the passenger side. Any ideas????
roger
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2011
Extra Info: 1500 6.2l 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Climate Control