jQuery not supported.

Silverado 2500HD debris noise at high fan speed

When on 4 or 5 you can hear what sounds like debris, leaves or dust in AC

Postby TX2500WT [OP] » Jan 03 2013, 9:39pm

Hey there,

I have an 03 Silverado 2500HD. When running the AC and heat everythgin works perfectly. When I use the higher fan speeds (like 4 and 5) you can hear what sounds like debris, leaves, something, coming from the dash near what seems to be the passenger side footwell. I am assuming leaves or other junk has gotten in through the cowling on top of the engine near the windshield. Does that sound abour right and more directly, how can I get it cleaned out?

Much thanks from the big "D"

Doug in Dallas
2003 Silverado 2500HD Extended cab, long bed WT
Original Poster
TX2500WT
Topics: 1
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2003
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: 2500HD
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  '99 Silverado high speed/low rpm sputtering   fan speed control   Fan only works on speed 5   Air wont blow when on fan speed 1   High speed pursuit   High speed miss   Shaking at High speed   2003 Sierra No high speed   Occasional High RPMs at Highway Speed   Fan noise   4.8 Fan Noise   2004 sierra 2500hd blower speed   4-speed to 6-speed conversion 2008 silverado   quiet banging noise while cruising low speed 
Climate Control Sponsor
Advertise Here

Postby Machster69 » Jan 03 2013, 11:49pm

I think they discontinued the filter in 03 so you might have one/might not. Check passenger side, under that plastic cover. The blower motor is there and filter if you got one, cant remember if 03 got it or not... If so it was the last year. Yes leaves get in there...
Machster69
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 104
Blogs: 8
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 5.3 SLE 2wd
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru