Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Warm Air when I let off the gas...

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  JoshInWV 
#1 ·
Normally I would say the fan clutch was bad, but with an electronic fan I am lost. During acceleration and cruise the A/C works fine, as soon as I let off the gas to set the cruise or to slow to stop the A/C blows humid not cooled air. Wondering if any on else has had this issue and fixed it or if we need to figure it out.

#2 ·
The '12 work van had the opposite problem, when we used more throttle we lost A/C. It was a hole in a vacuum line. the dealership put a drop of superglue on it. didn't even replace an 8 cent vacuum line, but anyway, it did fix the problem. with it being throttle related, I'd think it might be something like that, because I don't see the accelerator effecting the blend door any other way.

That is unless they've gone 100% electric, and I'm completely wrong, which could be too.. but that's a thought for ya

#3 ·
Hello mechbadass,

I recognize that you are seeking feedback from community members and my apologies to learn you are experiencing this concern with your A/C going warm. If you decide to take your vehicle into the dealership for this concern, I'd be happy to give them a call on your behalf. Also, I'd like to document this concern in our system. In order to do so I will need to collect your full contact information, VIN and mileage. I hope to hear from you.

Andraya
GM Customer Care

#5 ·
Sparxxed said:
I am also having the exact same issue as well on my 2011 Sierra. I took mine in to the dealer and was told that it was the evap. They removed my dash and installed a new one (under warranty). Here I am a week later and have the same issues.
Hi Sparxxed,

Sorry you are experiencing this concern with your A/C in your Sierra. I see you mentioned that they removed your dash, was it for this concern? I'd be glad to discuss this further with you and reach out to your dealership on your behalf. If you're interested, please send me a PM with your VIN, contact info, mileage and dealership name. I hope to hear from you!

Andraya
GM Customer Care

#7 ·
JoshInWV said:
Interesting enough, I just started having this issue in my truck. The timing appears to be completely random but it happens only when at idle.
Know you posted this a few years ago, but my 2004 GMC started this same thing about 2 weeks ago and I was curious if you remember what fixed your issues? Just trying to get some ideas where to start. Thanks!

#8 ·
Well there are some strange things that have happened. I checked the electric fan I have on there, it turns on and works when power is applied to the fan itself. The fan relays open and close when a 12V source is connected across the correct terminals (because you can hear the gate open and close), the fuses seem to be good. I had a tune put on, but I inquired if the fan stuff could have been botched as unlikely as that is.

Anything else that could be wrong I'm not aware of. Here's the kicker. As long as I am driving and I have forward motion of the truck and air is coming over the radiator, it's fine. If I take a bunch of short stops, let it idle a long time, turn my A/C on (at idle), the A/C dies and get's hot, and the truck goes into limp mode as soon as the temp gauge spikes. At this point, there's probably something I'm missing, but IDK. I don't usually run the A/C, I have 4-55 A/C on my truck that I run, but I'd like to if I want to. Sorry that I'm not much help here. It's been a while, still have the same issue, and the dealership garages close to me are not reliable. (No offense GMCS ;) )

#9 ·
JoshInWV said:
. If I take a bunch of short stops, let it idle a long time, turn my A/C on (at idle), the A/C dies and get's hot, and the truck goes into limp mode as soon as the temp gauge spikes. At this point, there's probably something I'm missing, but IDK. I don't usually run the A/C, I have 4-55 A/C on my truck that I run, but I'd like to if I want to. Sorry that I'm not much help here. It's been a while, still have the same issue, and the dealership garages close to me are not reliable. (No offense GMCS ;) )
Sounds like the cooling fan isn't working properly to me.

#10 ·
Eric, I agree with you. Yesterday I pulled in to my drive way, opened the hood, and kicked on the A/C and Recirc to verify that the fan's weren't working. They kicked on for about 3 seconds and then turned right back off. I'm completely stumped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.