jQuery not supported.

2014 gmc sierra 5.3l issues

2014 gmc sierra problems

Re: 2014 gmc sierra 5.3l issues

Postby flat top » Jan 14 2014, 1:14pm

2014 Chevrolet Silverado, Consumer Reports, (totally independent testing) Truck of the Year. 2014 Chevrolet Silverado, North American Truck of the Year at the North American International Auto Show. There must be "something" good about these trucks!

That being said.....Every major brand of vehicle has "issues", and not only in the first year of manufacture. If the manufacturer stands behind its product, and fixes the problems, then the vehicle is worth owning. At least GM recognizes the problem and is recalling the vehicles....cant ask for much more than that.

There is another truck manufacturer that has a turbo charged engine, that has "issues". The manufacturer has refused to address the issues, and has no solution to those issues. The involved owners petitioned the Federal Government to get involved, and the manufacturer is now fighting with the Feds. They still have no fix for the problem, and the customers have been hung out to dry. I "used" to buy that manufacturers products....I wont do that anymore....that is one of the reasons I bought a new 2014 Silverado.

I called my dealer yesterday to find out if my 2014 V6 is involved in the recall. They ran my VIN number and it is not on recall at this time. The service writer told me that this is a "VIN specific" recall.....if there "is" an issue with my truck I will be contacted, but, as it stands now there is not. He said that with the info he has on this recall, that the affected vehicles were all V8's that were left to idle for long periods of time in extremely cold weather. He also told me that even though my VIN is not subject to the recall at this time, that as a precaution, I should not let my vehicle idle for a long time in cold weather (which I dont do anyway).......makes sense to me. I will "work with it" until I find out one way or the other whether my vehicle is affected by the recall, and if it is, I "know" that GM and my dealer will take care of the issue.

As far as dealers...pick them wisely! My Chevrolet dealer has been in business here for 110 years, and has been selling Chevrolets since 1952....thats 62 years....my dad bought Chevy's from these folks when I was a kid, and he loved this dealership!!! They are one of the very few original St. Louis, Mo. based company's that are still around...they must be doing something right. Pick a dealer that is doing something right and ownership of the product, even when there are problems, can be a very good experience. Do a little research on the dealers that you intend on buying from...then decide who you are going to spend your hard earned bucks with.

I just hate hearing about problems like the OP's, but, with the Federal Government forcing more and more restrictions on manufacturers, and the manufacturers developing new technologies to appease the Government, we have become so "technical" that problems are bound to arise. All we can do is demand that the manufacturer and their dealers will do the right thing....then hope that they do!!!
flat top
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 13
Year: 2014
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 WT2 V6 4X4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby stsierra14 [OP] » Jan 14 2014, 3:53pm

Todays update 1/14/2014. the dealer at least made the charges right for the tire rotation. When I called in to schedule the service appointment they told me I had to pay for the tire rotation. Today they said oh no that always included in with the 2014's. Sounds like maybe one of their service advisors were not properly trained. There are only two so its not hard to figure out but either way they have corrected it and not incorrectly charging their customers at least claiming they don't now as of today. The down side is they have added yet another recall to the lineup for a fuel pump pressure regulator replacement . This makes five active recalls/service bulletins and one parts failure in the fuse block. service bulletins are n130330 active fuel management system calibration, n130318 power sliding rear window inoperable, n130257 BCM communications error. recalls are N140008 overheated exhaust components, n130370 fuel pump pressure regulator replacement. One complete failure of the fuse block itself. Still looking at January 22nd before the part even has a chance to get shipped out from the parts manufacture. Who knows repair and actual delivery of the truck back to me timeframe yet.
Original Poster
stsierra14
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 1
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: sle ltz 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby opie232 » Jan 14 2014, 4:27pm

I had the same issue with the fuse block. The dealership pulled one from a unit they had on the lot because they were told no ETA on the part. One didn't exist in this country except for the assembly line. I am calling the dealer this morning to try and schedule a service call for the recalls this Saturday. Good luck!
opie232
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 5
Extra Info: 1500 5.3 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby opie232 » Jan 14 2014, 4:45pm

I just got n appointment for Saturday to have the recall fixed. My dealer just found out this issue yesterday.
opie232
Topics: 5
Extra Info: 1500 5.3 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby justag3 » Jan 14 2014, 9:01pm

Just got my new Silvy in October traded in my 2008 that I never had any issues with and to be honest I MISS,,,,,, i have not contacted my dealer yest to see if i am a victim yet! I cannot stand these new motors at all, they sound like shit and I miss my Vortec!!!!! stsierra14,,,,, even thou i live in Cincinnati, I traveled to Thayer Chevy in Bowling Green, Ohio,,,,,,top notch service and not far from Findlay,,,,,check them out!
justag3
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 12
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Extra Info: 5.3 Double Cab Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 2004lebanshee » Jan 14 2014, 9:35pm

Never buy the first year of a new car or model. Not sure why people do this. There always flooded with issues.
2004lebanshee
Firing on 7 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2013
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Godfres » Jan 15 2014, 3:35am

I've had my 2014 Silverado for a month. Vibration in floor and gas pedal at 70 mph, severe dash rattle(sounds like someone left their arm in there during assembly), whistling noise from rear end on acceleration, tail gate hard to open and close. Love the look of this truck but it's overwhelming. Dealer has had it for 2 weeks now without a single phone call.
Godfres
Extra Info: LT 1500 5.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby The Sierra Kid 22 » Jan 15 2014, 5:37am

Like I said im so glad I kept my 2008. Simplicity and durability. (I have the iron block) Used to say 73-87 was the last of the "real trucks". Then 88-98, then 99-07 were the last of them, but now it seems that 2013 really IS the last of the "real trucks". Unless they make these new models a little more durable and "truck like", I think we're screwed lol
2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 5.3L 4x4 xcab
Range afm delete
Dual Magnaflow exhaust
Dark Cherry metallic in color
The Sierra Kid 22
Topics: 23
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2008
Extra Info: 1500 Z71 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby stsierra14 [OP] » Jan 15 2014, 8:11pm

opie232 wrote:I had the same issue with the fuse block. The dealership pulled one from a unit they had on the lot because they were told no ETA on the part. One didn't exist in this country except for the assembly line. I am calling the dealer this morning to try and schedule a service call for the recalls this Saturday. Good luck!

Did you have any follow up issues with the fuse block replacement? Once they actually pulled the fuse block was there any visible damage to the fuse block or wiring around it?
Original Poster
stsierra14
Topics: 1
Extra Info: sle ltz 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby TripleB » Jan 15 2014, 8:18pm

Sorry for all the problems you are having, I was going to buy the new 2014 but decided to buy a 2013 that was slightly used because I have found GM always has issues when they redesign a vehicle the first couple years. I made the mistake buying an Acadia when they came out, and it has a pile of work done to it, including a transmission replacement.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500 HD
6.6 Duramax / Allison 1000
TripleB
Topics: 2
Year: 2013
Extra Info: 2500HD DMax
Group Membership:
Registered users
PreviousNext