jQuery not supported.

Accurate Radio Connector Pin out for 2006 Silverado

Where do I find one?

Accurate Radio Connector Pin out for 2006 Silverado

Postby dukeryder [OP] » Jan 15 2017, 4:52am

Here's the deal I have a 2006 Silverado that had an XM Radio with Bluetooth/Hand free calling. Someone took it out and installed a bottom of the barrel Pioneer before I bought the truck and hakced it into the harness. They cut off the connectors. I'm trying to reverse the damage.

I bought a 71-2003-1 Metra Harness (is to replace the OE one), however the PIN out is all wrong (labeling) to mate up to the RP4-GM11 Radio Pro 4 that I bought from PAC Audio. None of the stuff I find online matches the pin out of the RP4...

This one is close:

The RP4-GM11 has wires to Pins 6 & 7 (yellow and Green/wht), Pin 18 (Black/wht) that in the wiring diagram have has an "NA". What does these go to?

Has anyone installed one of these successfully into a 2006? The hacked in Pioneer really has me pissed someone was too cheap to spend $15-20 on an adapter harness...
Original Poster
dukeryder
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2006
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3 1500
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Accurate Radio Connector Pin out for 2006 Silverado

Postby Rambodog » Jan 15 2017, 5:58am

The wire color of the PAC module is universal. It fits many applications, not just a 2006 Silverado. What you need is a correct diagram of the truck wiring and then mate it to the PAC according to it's own diagram. You have a Metra OE connection to replace factory. Won't the Metra diagram allow you to verify what is what in the truck end of things to allow matching function to the PAC. Not by color, but by function? The one you have linked is a 2004 so it should be similar to the 06, but I gather it doesn't entirely match your colors in the truck. Depending on weather it has a 4 speaker or 6 speaker system it can vary. With or with out Bose. What cab? ie extended or crew or reg... Could try to look up the diagram according to the Radio system RPO so you know for sure what was in there. There are a ton of the diagrams out there online. Can you list the colors in the truck connected to old stereo. Maybe find a diagram of that aftermarket HU from Pioneer and from that you can verify what the factory ones connected are.
Rockford-Infinity-Kenwood-Sundown-2.5 Leveled-Diff Drop-285/65/18 Toyo OC XT-18x9 MO970 +18-Elite Catch Can-Lamin-X-Airaid jr-3rd Cat Gut-Dmax Ultra Flo Cat Back-Fumoto-Morimoto HID 5500k-Tint Match-GoPro-Bedrug-Leer Cap-Winjet Projector-Diablew 91 Tune
Rambodog
4x4 High Mode [L3]
4x4 High Mode [L3]
Topics: 34
Year: 2014
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 1500 LT 5.3 4X4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby dukeryder [OP] » Jan 15 2017, 7:17am

Thanks for the reply! My truck is a '06 with a 4 speaker system and without Bose.

Well it's worse than I thought; there is only the basic wires left back there (Orange, Black, Yellow, Red). The Pioneer deck just has ground, 12V constant & 12V switched plus the speaker wires running into it, it's a pretty basic deck. There's about 8+ wires that are tied into 2 relays and those run down behind the speedo cluster and into the main vehicle harness(es). All 8 wires are the same exact color! Clear Insulation like speaker wire grrr. It seems someone completed removed the remainder of the original OE stereo harness not just splicing into it. I don't even know how to trace them out with out doing some major disassembly of the dash.
Original Poster
dukeryder
Topics: 2
Extra Info: 5.3 1500
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Rambodog » Jan 15 2017, 9:04am

The relays are for accessories of some sort that someone added and unrelated to radio. Did you get harness off Metra's site? Sure you got the right one? Verify on their site. If someone cut out the wires, they can't be cut any deeper than you can get a tool to do the cutting and see what your cutting. Somewhere in there is the OE harness and will need to be extended. Are the speaker wires coming to Pioneer factory wires or added? How do you know what HU was in there before? Did you verify RPO?
Last edited by Rambodog on Jan 15 2017, 9:09am, edited 1 time in total.
Rockford-Infinity-Kenwood-Sundown-2.5 Leveled-Diff Drop-285/65/18 Toyo OC XT-18x9 MO970 +18-Elite Catch Can-Lamin-X-Airaid jr-3rd Cat Gut-Dmax Ultra Flo Cat Back-Fumoto-Morimoto HID 5500k-Tint Match-GoPro-Bedrug-Leer Cap-Winjet Projector-Diablew 91 Tune
Rambodog
4x4 High Mode [L3]
4x4 High Mode [L3]
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Jasen » Jan 15 2017, 9:08am

You can find the wiring diagrams here http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd
Professional Grade
Yes, I am a little different
Fisger8new:And some people are like a slinky. Not really good for much but make you smile to watch tumble down the stairs.
L33, Injen CAI, Powermaster 225 amp Alt., Optima RedTop, Hellwig overloads, Bilstein 5100's, MOOG poly sway bar links.
Jasen
Shifting into Second Gear [L3]
Topics: 39
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: Z71 4x L33 Dcab
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Postby Rambodog » Jan 15 2017, 9:15am

Very cool. Going in the favorites list.
Rambodog
4x4 High Mode [L3]
4x4 High Mode [L3]
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Jasen » Jan 15 2017, 9:37am

It's a sticky on the electrical manual page here :)
Professional Grade
Yes, I am a little different
Fisger8new:And some people are like a slinky. Not really good for much but make you smile to watch tumble down the stairs.
L33, Injen CAI, Powermaster 225 amp Alt., Optima RedTop, Hellwig overloads, Bilstein 5100's, MOOG poly sway bar links.
Jasen
Topics: 39
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Extra Info: Z71 4x L33 Dcab
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Postby Welcher774 » Jan 15 2017, 10:58pm

Above is correct. The oem end you bought will mate into the truck then you buy an aftermarket harness to mate to the factory plug you wired in. After that the harness will have bare wires that you will then mate the pac adapter. Hope that helps you.
Welcher774
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 60
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2011
Extra Info: 1500 crewcab 5.3 2wd
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Return to Electrical Manuals