jQuery not supported.

1999 silverado remote start

remote start

1999 silverado remote start

Postby nitrousbandit1 [OP] » Dec 07 2010, 1:30am

i searched this site before posting, couldnt find the answer i was looking for. remote starter on a 1999 silverado. i had this remote starter on a 96 dakota, it worked fine. then i put it on a 2001 cavalier and it started the car then shut off after like 5 seconds. then i took it off that car.. so do i need some sort of resistor or bypass module or even require a spare key for it to work on my 99 ? the internet wasnt so popular back in 2002 when i was working on the 01 cav
Original Poster
nitrousbandit1
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 9
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 1999
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: 1999 silverado remote start

Postby gmctruckguy » Dec 07 2010, 5:45am

You need a module, not an easy install for a do-it-yourselfer. I used to install remote starters back then, can't remember the actual steps to get the correct resistance to program the module. best bet to take it in and have it done properly so you dont wreck your security module.
10638His & Hers 2012 Sierra C/C's 6.2L, 4WD, 3.73's, Airaid CAI, Diablo Predator/inTune, Magnaflow Exhaust, Piaa's, 3 1/2" RC Lift, 285 BFG T/A's, Bushwacker Flares, Tuff Country Add-a-Leaf

gmctruckguy
Automotive Technician
Automotive Technician
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Topics: 24
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2012
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: Max Trailering
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Re: 1999 silverado remote start

Postby koolz71 » Dec 07 2010, 7:01am

like said before the passlock is a pain to deal with and if u get it all jacked up it will make u hate life lol..good luck and let us know how it goes
Crap, my hampster fell off the wheel and it broke its leg.

Check out my blog

koolz71
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 91
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2004
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Electrical