Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

2001 OEM Fog Light Kit help

590 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  djlove 
#1 ·
Hello everbody! New to forum here.

I know this topic has been covered all over but I cannot find the info I need.
I bought JUST the OEM fog light kit wiring harness for my 2001 Sierra off eBay a few months ago. I do not have the original instructions. I have already installed the switch, lights, and most of the harness.

I cannot figure out where to connect the purple wire to the fuse block. There is no fog light relay in place. I have removed the block and flipped it over, but there are already purple wires coming out of the bottom of the terminals that would lead to a fog light relay? All blogs say the instructions will tell you exactly where to insert the purple wire, but I do not have them. It is very frustrating to be so close, but can't use the lights. I am also having a hard time finding a vehicle in a junk yard to look at for help either.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

#3 ·
45 if the fuse location and the relay i recomend visiting a JY and just have a bunch of relays and fuses from lots of cars fall in your toolbag. Use google to find out which relay and then plug one in and test the switch, if when a buddy hits the fog light switch you cant hear or feel the relay move then you need the wiring from the switch to the relay. If it does switch then you just need to tap off the 45 fuse. Just figure out which pin it is and pull it apart, its straight down but you have to determine which side of the fuse is missing the connection.

https://www.google.com/search?q=2001+si ... B560%3B365

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.