Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

2003 silverado no power in right door

54K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Mark4000 
#1 ·
I have no power in my right door,no window, key fob lock & unlock will not work, auto lock & unlock will not work no door light, no overhead light, also the controls from the left door will not work for the right door,the radio used to stay on when key was turned off but now turns off when I turn off the engine. I have checked all fuses cb,s relays to no avail...anyone have a clue other that taking it to the dealer????help please///thanks

#5 ·
It may not be the power switch module!
I have the exact same problem with my 04 Silverado.
One day all power accessories on the passenger door were working fine. Then all of a sudden nothing worked as you have described. I checked the cables and the 25AMP fuse for the right door that is found in the fuse box under the dash on the driver's side. All checked OK. I removed the power window module from the passenger door and measured 12 volts was getting to the switch. Bought a replacement switch on ebay that was out of an 04 Silverado and had the exact same part number on the back. Replaced the switch in the passenger door with the switch I bought and it made no difference! Everything in the passenger door still doesn't work.
I will continue to troubleshoot the problem. If you solve the problem, please post the answer and I will do the same.
There are quite a few online listings about this problem so it must be somewhat common.
Isn't there a Chevy/GMC mechanic out there that has worked on this same problem and knows the answer??

#6 ·
I am having a similar problem and this is after I did my speaker install. I removed the door panel one day with no problems and then the next day, I removed the door panel to install the speakers, plugged everything back in as normal, and now my mirror turn signals and door agar sensor does not work. Everything else works (window controls, locks, mirror adjuster) but no turn signals and the radio doesn't shut off once I open the door. Does any one know why this could be happening (other than fuses).

#7 ·
I will be taking my 2003 silverado to the dealer on fri.[ I have checked all the fuses and cb,s that I can find, traced wiring took off the right door panel and checked the wiring and switches all to no avail] the 15th of july. as soon as I find out what went Kaput I will let everyone know.

#9 ·
O.K. here we go, I just found out what was wrong with the right door. It seems that the right door module lost it's programming. cost to repair at Glendora Chevrolet...$147.00 out the door.I asked what caused the module to go Kaput, but all systems checked out sooooo it's another grimlin in the system ...good luck to all you folks that have the same glitch...have a great day....

#10 ·
I finally found the problem. It was a broken wire in the door wire harness. After checking EVERYTHING else, the process of elimination was down to checking the continuity of the wires in the door harness. The wiring for the passenger door runs from two wire plugs that are plugged into the passenger side of the dashboard. These wires are bundled in tape and go down through the door jamb and into the door. There aren't that many wires. I used an ohm meter and checked the continuity of each one from the plug at the dash to the other end that plugs into the power window switch in the door. There was no connection on the thin tan colored wire. I unwrapped the harness and fount this wire to be broken. After repairing it, everything worked again.

#13 ·
I had exactly the same problem in my 04 Silverado. The problem was exactly as you described and like you I checked everything (all fuses, changed the power module in the door, etc.) nothing worked. Finally, through the process of elimination it turned out to be the last thing left to check. Now it's fixed. The answer is in my post on this subject that I submitted July 26, 2011 (fom bftruck).

Let me know how you make out!

#15 ·
I just wanted to add that bftruck's response about the broken wire solved the problem for me.

In my case is was the 12 gauge black wire that failed, rather than any of the smaller wires. It's a fairly simple fix, new wire and I was back in business.

• Remove the passenger door panel. 1 exposed 7mm bolt near the center, behind the handle - 1 7mm hidden behind the lock slide, 1 7mm on the bottom in the middle, then lift up. Disconnect all the wiring harnesses and set the panel aside.

• Remove the access door to the right and on the side of the glove box. It pops off in the same way the driver's side fuse panel access door does.

• Disconnect the left most black and white harnesses.

• Test continuity on the wires till you find the culprit. Six wires in total, as I recall.

Be advised that the ports on the door side the wiring where you'll be testing continuity are very small, so you'll need a slim conductive probe. I don't have automotive test leads small enough, so I used a small piece of wire to stick in the hole. Worked, no problem.

#16 ·
Just another anecdotal evidence repair for my non working passenger window/locks. I was replacing the speakers on my newly purchased 05 Sierra and once I had the new speakers in and before I had time to put the door panel back on I drove the truck and the window and lock for the passenger side were not working; as well as the drivers side control and fobs not working. I checked fuses, checked continuation of wires to module, disconnected batter for a reset etc. In the end I took a chance and bought a used control module from a seller on fleabay for $45 and It worked, even though the part #' did not match my broken module. I did not have to have the module reset or reprogrammed by the dealer as a previous poster had to do. Just Plug and Play.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.