jQuery not supported.

2005 Silverado all on headlights

2005 Silverado all on headlights

Postby drw_91 [OP] » Mar 31 2011, 11:53pm

I need some help. I want to install a high beam headlight relay for my 2005 silverado HD 2500. I'm looking at the one from painless (30822). My problem is the wire colors in their installation instructions do not match what is on my truck. I have a black, red and blue going to my low beams and a yellow and blue going to the high beams. Painless tech support is telling me that I can't use their product. Can anybody help me figure out if I can use this relay and what wires should be hooked up to what?
Original Poster
drw_91
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2005
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 2500 HD Duramax 6.6L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: 2005 Silverado all on headlights

Postby techj » May 14 2013, 3:33pm

Im doing something similar to my 1999 silverado. I've recently hacked my housings to fit in a pair of rigid industries 6" sr series led bars with driving light "specter " type reflectors. I wired them up to my high beams. These bars take up the space of both high and low beams. I then hacked the day time running light pods and installed a 3" set of the same led light bars wired up to my low beams. To make my low beams stay on with my high beams I will be adding a positive jumper from the high beam to low beam with a diode inline.
techj
Firing on 7 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 7 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 1999
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Mikez94 » May 14 2013, 4:27pm

i have the painless kit on my 200 silverado and it works great.. i believe my wire colors matched right up though.. i know you can just hook up a relay or diode (i forget) across the fuse terminals and it works the same. there is a thread somewhere on the site
Mikez94
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 12
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2000
Extra Info: 5.3L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby benz604 » May 15 2013, 4:03pm

how-to-articles/how-to-do-the-headlight-all-on-mod-t2381.html#p18239, this is the 2 dollar mod that works wonders, save your money and do this, i did it over a year ago and i even run hid lights and never had a problem, best mod ive ever done!
benz604
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 5.3 4x4 crewcab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Electrical