Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

20in Cree Led light bar

5K views 45 replies 14 participants last post by  DoubleJ03 
#1 ·
Hey guys since hunting season in my area is right around the corner Im looking for a little extra light to help me out during these early mornings and late nights. A lot of land I hunt is off the beaten path and a little extra light would really help. I am in the market for a 20in led light bar utilizing cree leds. I will be mounting this in the opening on the front bumper of my 11 sierra. I am looking to keep my budget under 200. I have found a few online for 100 or less but from the reviews I read they seem to be rather cheap and not advertised as shown. Anyone have any recommendations of a solid light bar at or below my budget range? Thanks!

#14 ·
Hey folks, I'm new to the sight so I'm not sure how to PM people but I had a quick question for silverado9306. Where did you get that mounting bar you got on the front of your truck? Iv been looking everywhere and can't find a good one.

#15 ·
i have the 22" (20" of reflective surface) bar in my bumper and had 2 of them behind my grille and they are awesome! bright as hell and have really good range. they are awesome quality just be careful. for some reason there are a counterfeit tuff stuff brand on amazon that sells the 20 inch for like 80 bucks. i thought they were just on sale when i ordered the two for my grill and its totally different from the actual tuff stuff in my bumper. the 80 dollar ones have a blue tint to them and are probably as bright just do not show it in the spot part of the light (no range)

#16 ·
taylorbickett said:
i have the 22" (20" of reflective surface) bar in my bumper and had 2 of them behind my grille and they are awesome! bright as hell and have really good range. they are awesome quality just be careful. for some reason there are a counterfeit tuff stuff brand on amazon that sells the 20 inch for like 80 bucks. i thought they were just on sale when i ordered the two for my grill and its totally different from the actual tuff stuff in my bumper. the 80 dollar ones have a blue tint to them and are probably as bright just do not show it in the spot part of the light (no range)
You know any reputable sites that sell the tuff stuff bars?

#19 ·
Lukenel said:
I'd strongly recommend looking at a cheaper eBay version guys. http://ebay.to/1w4S40I I paid $77 for mine and man this thing is bright as any other light bars I've seen and pattern is excellent!
Hmmm...that links to a private sale page, and the bar is $996! I've seen those big "US made" light bars listings.. They are all the same company behind the scenes, with multiple Ebay accounts. And not nearly the quality IMO. I base this off someone I know who bought a cheap Ebay bar, and went through hell trying to return it....

I'm not saying we all need to pay the Rigid price, but you get what you pay for, especially with a popular product like lightbars. It's called supply and demand..we all want them, so good companies jack up the price, and crappy sellers offer crappy products to those looking for a bargain.

#22 ·
^^^ The problem is there is Ebay regulation on using a name like CREE to attract buyers. I would be surprised if any of those cheap bars had actual CREE chips in them. If they did, it would put a huge shadow on Rigid and other companies that use CREE but charge 3x as much...

#23 ·
I think Im going to go with the 20in tuff stuff light. I mean for a 100 dollars I wont be too upset if it craps out on me. I went to there website and they have a preferred seller on their site that offers them for 110. I dont mind spending the extra 10 dollars over amazon with the chance of getting a cheap knock off. Thanks guys

#24 ·
greygreengmc said:
taylorbickett said:
You know any reputable sites that sell the tuff stuff bars?
truckandwinch.com is who they prefer you buy their led bars from, this is coming from tuffstuff4x4.com
they are 110 bucks on truck and winch right now!

#25 ·
truckandwinch.com is who they prefer you buy their led bars from, this is coming from tuffstuff4x4.com
they are 110 bucks on truck and winch right now![/quote]

Do the light bars come with everything to complete the install?

#26 ·
mine came with universal mounts, hardware, and wiring with a switch when i bought mine. yours might not come with the wiring harness, i could be wrong though.

edit** just checked and truck and winch does include the wiring harness with the switch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.