jQuery not supported.

Airbag Warning Light on 2008 GMC Sierra

Airbag light fault

Airbag Warning Light on 2008 GMC Sierra

Postby bigdaddycraig [OP] » Oct 17 2012, 8:58am

Hi there,

First let me say 'Greetings from the UK' to all forum members, this is my first post on this forum so looking forward to some interchange with our American friends across the 'pond'.

OK, so here's the issue; 2008 GMC Sierra - driver airbag warning light remains on (when ignition is on). I have a Matco MD1072 diagnostic scanner which detects airbag faults and it has pulled up zero codes for airbag related faults. There are two codes detected both P0513, incorrect immobilizer key detected. Not sure why these codes have appeared but we will try and reprogram the keys to the truck to see if that cures it.

The owners manual for the Sierra talks about there being a courtesy key in the glove box to switch airbags on and off but our truck does not have this option. As we have no DTC's for airbag related faults, i.e. seat belt pretensioner etc we are at a loss as to why the airbag light is permanently on.

Any help/insight you guys can shed on this is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Craig
Original Poster
bigdaddycraig
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2008
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 5.3 V8
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Electrical