jQuery not supported.

Automatic Headlights Will Not Shut Off

Just Stopped Working For No Reason

Automatic Headlights Will Not Shut Off

Postby tx1tek [OP] » Apr 20 2010, 12:33pm

My automatic headlights recently stopped working, meaning they stay on constantly when the key is on.... no matter how bright the light is outside. Could it be my light sensor on the dash went south? Does anyone here have any expeience with this problem? If so, I would appreciate knowing what you know. PS: I can get the lights to completely shut off if I push the dome override 4 times, but I don't want to do that every time I drive the truck. Also, it's odd that this seems to have happened after I had my stereo out to replace the lights in it. Thanks, Bill
Original Poster
tx1tek
Topics: 1
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2000
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  Headlights won't Shut Off   Complete shut down   truck shut off   Manual or Automatic   Automatic under hood lights   Unexpected engine shut down   Radio just shut off randomly   Random automatic lock   VCIM Won't Shut Off   Radio just randomly shut off   Dash and all sound just shut off   Automatic Bed Light   Automatic Headlight Sensor   Automatic 4x4 knob 
Electrical Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: Automatic Headlights Will Not Shut Off

Postby HOTROD HELL » May 17 2010, 3:29pm

ya sounds like possibly the twillight sensor. But as far as having the radio out its hard to say if its a coincidence or in direct relationship. If you dont want to replace the twillight sensor you could always just bypass it and just run with the manual switch.
HOTROD HELL
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 2
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2002
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 2500hd 6.0L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Electrical