jQuery not supported.

Disabling Factory Alarm

Disabling Factory Alarm

Postby thenutter [OP] » Dec 22 2010, 3:10pm

So about once a month my alarm will go off. I do not have the fob or anyways to arm nor any idea what leads to it happening. Last week when I started my truck I noticed I could not use any control on the drivers door or have any chimes. All other window controls worked on their door as well as lock control. Once I got out and got back in all functions were restored. This happened again yesterday and I noticed my headlights were flashing. Since my horn is disconnected I did not realize my alarm had been going off. I don't understand what GM was going for with this security system, but I want to not have this happen again. Any suggestions?
2003 Silverado 1500HD LT 121,100 miles.
Magnaflow dual exhaust. Westin side boards. K&N Drop in. 33in Nitro Terra Grapplers. Mobil 1 High Mileage. AVS bug guard. 3.73 Rear end. Mismatched Tonnue Cover.
Original Poster
thenutter
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 23
Blogs: 5
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2003
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 HD
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users
Servicemen
Related Topics  Factory alarm going off randomly   Disabling the truck while running.   disabling auto door locks on '13 Sierra 1500   Replacing 2012 HD2500 Factory Unit w/ 2007-8 HHR Factory CD   help!.. Alarm keeps going off!   alarm system   Karr alarm   installing back up alarm   Low air alarm   disable seatbelt alarm   Alarm system not working right   Parking sensor alarm volume   GM two way remote #19171128 alarm features   No Power doors/windows but want to install an Alarm? 
Electrical Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: Disabling Factory Alarm

Postby koolz71 » Dec 22 2010, 6:13pm

I dont know of anyway to disable it..but why not just buy a keyfob and have it programed for your truck...may be easier that way
Crap, my hampster fell off the wheel and it broke its leg.

Check out my blog

koolz71
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 91
Blogs: 14
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2004
Extra Info: Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby thenutter [OP] » Dec 24 2010, 2:33pm

Just a matter of money to get a remote and program it.
Magnaflow dual exhaust. Westin side boards. K&N Drop in. 33in Nitro Terra Grapplers. Mobil 1 High Mileage. AVS bug guard. 3.73 Rear end. Mismatched Tonnue Cover.
Original Poster
thenutter
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby lzn197 » Dec 25 2010, 7:44pm

You might not have the fob, does somebody else have it in your houshold? My truck used to do the same thing every now and then. The culprit was the other fob located in the bottom of the wifes purse. True story!
Gordon
2004 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Z71
Semi-retired Master Mechanic
lzn197
ASE Certified
ASE Certified
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
Topics: 6
Blogs: 16
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Extra Info: K1500 5.3L Z71 EX
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Postby thenutter [OP] » Dec 25 2010, 11:51pm

When we talked of first selling the trailblazer I rushed to try and program my wifes fob to the Silver, with no luck. Not sure if my year has a different way of programming, the whole key on, lock unlock something like that. But yeah my truck did not come with a fob so unless one of my neighbors is **** with me I dont think that can be an option.
Original Poster
thenutter
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby locators » Dec 28 2010, 4:54am

Yes they promise one go on general search and ask for a way to disarm a chevy. There are 3 types so you will have to research your model and year. Going to try mine as soon as the weather lets up. Got the small parts at radio shack about $2.00 . Maybe it will work maybe not.
Last edited by EKinMN on Dec 28 2010, 5:26am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Was originally typed in all CAPITAL letters.
locators
Topics: 2
Blogs: 0
Year: 1999
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: 1500 350 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Pope08 » Dec 28 2010, 6:12am

If its similiar to the factory alarm i had on my s-10 if you unlock the door from the inside and pull the handle on the outside it would set it off. And if you lock it and anyone is in the vehicle for a descent peroid of time and unlocked the doors from the inside it would set it off.
Pope08
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 3
Blogs: 4
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Electrical