Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

fog light wiring

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  thunderbolt 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 Silverado 2500HD which came with no fog lights and no switch for the fog lights. I purchased the fog lights because my truck is pre-wired and I also purchased the new cargo/fog light switch. I'm looking for the pigtail wiring behind both, the cargo switch and the headlight switch. Can anyone help me with this, Do I also have to add fuses or anything else? Paul

#4 ·
Do you have a diagram of how to piggyback them and for the other guy, thanks for looking. I bought OEM lights, the switch needed and cut a plug out of a 02 that had fogs. Don't know where to go from here. My factory plug behind the cargo switch isn't comparable with the new switch. Thanks to both of you for trying to help.

#6 ·
On my '04 I added factory fogs. The harness that plugs into the cargo light/fog light switch was already wired for fogs. I had to add a relay and fuse in the under-hood fuse panel, and the harness (one wire) from the fuse panel to the fog lights. The other side of the fog lights grounds to the front frame cross member.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.