jQuery not supported.

headlight sensor

replace

headlight sensor

Postby RichF [OP] » Sep 05 2010, 4:45pm

Can anyone tell me how to replace my headlight sensor? I have a 2000 Silverado. My headlight come on now when ever I am driving. My Daytime running lights do not come on. It is on top of the dash, and I wonder if it can be pulled up from the top or if you need to go under the dash to release it. Thanks, first post, new to this forum.
Original Poster
RichF
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2000
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: headlight sensor

Postby GMman » Sep 06 2010, 1:02am

I thought it unplugged from top, but not sure. Been a while since I had my 2002. Are you sure that is the problem as your DRL aren't coming on? Did you clean it with some cleaner, don't get on top though.
Thank you
Ken
2010 GMC Sierra SLE Crew 4x4 Z71 5.3L
GMman
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 10
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLE CREW 5.3L 4x4Z
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: headlight sensor

Postby RichF [OP] » Sep 06 2010, 5:40pm

Yeah, i tried to clean the sensor, I also replaced the bulbs to be sure they were good. The headlights always come on. I also reseated the relay for them . I would like o replace the sensor in the dash. Any one done this recently? Hoping it will be a simple fix. Thanks.
Original Poster
RichF
Topics: 1
Year: 2000
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Electrical