jQuery not supported.

i need an easy to get to ignition Acc mini fuse on the inter

where to place a fuse-tap for hardwired accessories that turn on with the ignition

i need an easy to get to ignition Acc mini fuse on the inter

Postby bdawg12348 [OP] » Jun 21 2012, 10:30pm

i have a 2008 Silverado LS and i i have a backup cam (handy as hell for towing), a Garmin Nuvi GPS, and, a Radar Detector. the silverado cigarette lighter socktes are always live and i wanted to have those free. so i loosley followed this youtube video --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHSHrzVPnz4 and now i have a bell triple socket splitter and i took off the end and put the negative to a ground bolt and the positive to an Add-A-Circuit fuse tap. however the one i tapped into is also live all the time. is there any fuses i can tap into [i believe it has to be a 10A but im not sure] but is there any ignition accessory mini fuses on the inside fuse panel by the driver door or is there another easy place to tap into, im new to this kinda stuff so i like using fuse taps because their easier and clean to use. i have a pair of audi style leds hooked into a fuse tap in the fuse block under the hood but id like to just use one in the interior. there has to be one, there just has to be a mini fuse that gets power through the ignition or Acc. Thanks alot for all your guy's help. i love this forum and im just hoping what i have done is safe.
Original Poster
bdawg12348
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2008
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Ext. Cab Custom
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: i need an easy to get to ignition Acc mini fuse on the i

Postby MGMTF » Jun 22 2012, 4:37am

Sounds safe as long as it's fused properly. How I find out whether something is live or not is pull all the fuses and take a light up circuit tester and touch the supply side of the socket with ignition off to find a fuse that's off when the ignition is off.
Vortec 6000 Power!
MGMTF
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 34
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2004
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 2500HD 6.0L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: i need an easy to get to ignition Acc mini fuse on the i

Postby Walker27 » Jun 23 2012, 5:19pm

i'm needing to find out the same thing for my radar detector. lol hopefully some one comes along and helps us out.
Walker27
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2008
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 5.3L SLE
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Electrical