jQuery not supported.

Lights Dimming

Problems

Re: Lights Dimming

Postby J.T. [OP] » Jun 01 2010, 12:27am

i wonder if my keyless entry and my transfer shift module went out due to a bad ground.. Any thoughts?
Original Poster
J.T.
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 13
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2002
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: z71
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  Interior lights dimming and flashing with blinkers   Headlight dimming!!!   Auto Dimming Tow Mirror?   Auto dimming side mirrors   Cluster, tail lights, cab lights and parking lights out.   WTB 06 Silverado tail lights and bumper/parking lights   Trailer brake/signal lights not working, running lights OK   Blinkers, brake lights and plate lights went crazy - HELP!!!   Adjustable fog lights/driving lights? HID?   wire up lights with relay = brighter lights   No Map or Dome lights, but I have door lights   Raptor Lights / Grille Lights    Head lights/tail lights   KC lights, anyone? 
Electrical Sponsor
Advertise Here

Postby J.T. [OP] » Jun 03 2010, 11:00am

nothing is chafed or broken coming from the battery.. I even notice when I had my stero ( aftermarket ) turned up that the headlights would pulse..i have no amp no subs.. so thats weird? there is a ground thats bolted to the front bumper I found, cleaned it off....no dice... is there anymore grounds that anyone knows of?
Original Poster
J.T.
Topics: 13
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Extra Info: z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby xPosTech » Nov 16 2010, 2:28am

Update?

Did you find and fix the problem?

Just curious. You might help someone searching :!: for a fix to their dimming gremlin.

Ted
I wasn't born in Texas but I
got here as soon as I could.
xPosTech
Year: 2010
Extra Info: ExtCab 5.3 2WD Z85
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby fastshelly » Nov 16 2010, 3:22am

I think you just have bad battery wire and also check your ground wires for corrosion & dirty weak connections.
fastshelly
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 9
Year: 2011
Extra Info: Crew Cab Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby tjbfoxrider » Dec 11 2012, 3:26pm

I also have a 2002 silverado with all luxuries doing exact same thing! I've tried everything. With all hope, have you found a solution to this problem JT? I ground strapped mine, installed a new remen 130 amp alt with yellow top optima and still have the issue. With no amp and without a stereo the trucks dash lights and headlights dim under typical load wether be heat cranked or simply rolling windows up at the same time. Its not a normal dim either. Ok so I do have a 1200W new kenwood very "safe and clean" amp to push door speakers and two 12" subs, and with it plugged up my guages will actually "trip out" they will bounce back and forth as if you just plugged the cluster up. Im thinking the security light comes on just as the gauges go crazy too. Is JT an I the only people having this problem? Surely not. It's the trucks fault somewhere and I'm going to get to the bottom of it. If anybody has any advice or answers please don't hesitate to inform me.
tjbfoxrider
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Extra Info: 1500 4.8 5 speed z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby DBMedic » Dec 12 2012, 2:46am

I have a 2001 Sierra 1500, and mine is doing the same thing as well. There is some sort of power draw on my electrical system, and I have no idea what. It's enough that it's killed a cell in my battery (or maybe that was just coincidence). My first thought was the alternator not performing up to spec, but it's been tested many times and labeled good to go. When I tap the brakes, the heater fan will die down, too. I've looked around online, and can't find an answer to this. Anyone have an idea?
DBMedic
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2001
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 4.8
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to Electrical