Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

NNBS Blowing Fuses

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  BayouSilverado29 
#1 ·
I did the Cargo light upgrade on my 2011 Silverado. I also wanted to tie in the reverse lights so they come on as well. My buddy did this and it seems to work fine. I have an add-a-circuit plunged in ran to a switch, then the wire from the switch to the cargo light wire under the dash. I then spliced into that wire with a wire that runs to the trailer harness reverse wire. I keep blowing the fuse under the hood for the trailer back up lights as soon as the reverse lights come on. My buddy has his wired the exact same way, and his works fine. When the fuse blows the cargo light continues to work with the switch added, but the reverse lights will not come on. Thanks in advance.

#5 ·
Yeah it is wired the exact same. No diode on either truck. That way when you put the truck in reverse cargo light comes on too. For my truck it works until the reverse lights power the system. If you flip the switch it is fine but as soon as the reverse lights come on by either unlocking the truck or putting it in reverse the fuse for the trailer back up blows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.