jQuery not supported.

Parking Lights

Cannot turn off

Parking Lights

Postby dedcapri [OP] » Jan 06 2013, 11:21pm

My Chevy 2007 Silverado is equipped with auto turn off option for the lights. When I came home today and turned off the truck, the auto off did not work and my parking, licese plate and backup brake lights stay on. I tried reset to factory default on the DIC menu... no success. I finally disconnected both batteries so they wouldn't drain. Will go to dealership tomorrow if necessary, but thought I'd check the forum first. I'm an "older" female owner with very little "fix-it" knowledge. Did think to disconnect the battery terminals so I guess I get points for that :lol:
Original Poster
dedcapri
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 2500 diesel
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Parking Lights

Postby GM Customer Service » Jan 09 2013, 12:25am

dedcapri wrote:My Chevy 2007 Silverado is equipped with auto turn off option for the lights. When I came home today and turned off the truck, the auto off did not work and my parking, licese plate and backup brake lights stay on. I tried reset to factory default on the DIC menu... no success. I finally disconnected both batteries so they wouldn't drain. Will go to dealership tomorrow if necessary, but thought I'd check the forum first. I'm an "older" female owner with very little "fix-it" knowledge. Did think to disconnect the battery terminals so I guess I get points for that :lol:

Being a DIY person is definitely understandable. I hope the you're able to resolve the issue. If you do take it into the dealership, please let us know how it goes. Keep us posted. Thank you.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance
GM Customer Service
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby dedcapri [OP] » Jan 19 2013, 11:51pm

Well, took the truck in, diagnostic told me that a computer module was kaput. $619 later I'm able to shut off my lights.... I loved the old days when if it was dark, I pulled out the knob, when I got home and shut off my vehicle I pushed the knob in . Call me old fashioned - it worked!
Original Poster
dedcapri
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 2500 diesel
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby GM Customer Service » Jan 22 2013, 2:35am

dedcapri wrote:Well, took the truck in, diagnostic told me that a computer module was kaput. $619 later I'm able to shut off my lights.... I loved the old days when if it was dark, I pulled out the knob, when I got home and shut off my vehicle I pushed the knob in . Call me old fashioned - it worked!

Thank you for the update and glad to know you're problem appears to have resolved. Let us know if the issue reoccurs. I hope all well and that you have a great week!

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance
GM Customer Service
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Electrical