jQuery not supported.

power window

rear side window of crew cab has no power

power window

Postby gunit [OP] » Apr 27 2010, 5:24am

My passanger rear side window will not go up or down, I used a test light and it has no power going to it, I checked the switch first but it is fine. Is there a fuse that I am missing or can't locate also I can't find the wires that work that window on the drivers main control. Does anyone have any ideals? 2002 1500HD
Original Poster
gunit
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2002
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 HD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: power window

Postby lzn197 » Oct 02 2010, 2:33pm

You most likely have a Boken wire between the body and the door. The wire harness flexes every time the door is opened and it is a common failure. Sometimes you can run the door switch with your right hand as you slightly move the wire harness with your left and the window will work temporarily.
Gordon
2004 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Z71
Semi-retired Master Mechanic
lzn197
ASE Certified
ASE Certified
4x4 High Mode [L3]
4x4 High Mode [L3]
Topics: 6
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2004
Extra Info: K1500 5.3L Z71 EX
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Postby Dirtygray » Oct 03 2010, 1:49am

Check your plug contacts as well, you could have a connections that may have slipped loose from the connector.
Dirtygray
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 5
Year: 2014
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Fraydknot » Oct 27 2010, 9:35pm

I have the same problem on the same right rear window. The rear left did it once but started working again. I will try lzn 197's idea and let you know what happens.
Fraydknot
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 2
Year: 2008
Extra Info: 2WD Crew Cab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby BatWolf » Sep 09 2014, 5:36am

I had this happen, exactly. Removed driver door quad-switch and disassembled only to find a fried surface mount component on the switch circuit board. Ultimately traced this to a faulty right rear window motor that was pulling too much current. Replaced window motor/regulator, replaced quad-switch module in driver door, but now the right rear window only goes down but not up from the driver door. From the right rear door switch it works fine. All switch contacts have been cleaned. Checked for broken wires in the flex hose between door and body = all good. Even perform a recall issue where, inside the left and right center cab beam that houses the driver-front and passenger-front seat belts, the wire harness rubs on a sharp metal edge and shorts. GM, on certain years, didn't apply proper wiring shield (flexible plastic conduit) and poorly wrapped wire harnesses in this specific area. I looked at and applied protection to both of mine on the pass. and driver side, but that isn't my issue either. I read on another thread about 3 months ago that I evidently need to head into a dealership and have the shop plug into my computer and do a re-learn for the BCM since I replaced a switch component. Not sure about that and haven't gone in since local dealership wants to charge me $120 evaluation fee. :x :x

Photo attached is not of actual problem, but of the recall issue and where to inspect the wire harnesses.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'07 2500HD 6.0L 4x4 Crewcab; 6" ProComp Lift; Cognito UCAs, ProRunner shocks; 295/60R20 Nitto Trails; Superchips Flashpaq; Volant CIA w/ PowerCore; Flowmaster 44; 8" JL W3v3 Stealthbox; JL XD600 Class D Amp; Dynamat; 5% tint, AMP Research Steps
BatWolf
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 7
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2007
Extra Info: 2500HD 6.0L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Electrical