jQuery not supported.

service stabilitrack,traction control,reduced engine power

service stabilitrack,traction control,reduced engine power

Postby Blizzard [OP] » Jan 08 2013, 10:00pm

this is the msg that came up yesterday. it felt like it was stuck in v4 mode also had p2127. turned out to be bad accelerator position pedal. i got it replaced and all is well. i just thought i would share this incase some one has the same problem...
Original Poster
Blizzard
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Topics: 25
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2012
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3l z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: service stabilitrack,traction control,reduced engine pow

Postby GM Customer Service » Jan 09 2013, 12:01am

Blizzard wrote:this is the msg that came up yesterday. it felt like it was stuck in v4 mode also had p2127. turned out to be bad accelerator position pedal. i got it replaced and all is well. i just thought i would share this incase some one has the same problem...

Thank you for posting this information and glad all is working well. Please let us know if you have any issues in the future. Thank you.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance
GM Customer Service
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby sierramac10 » May 12 2013, 7:55pm

My 2010 GMC Sierra did this to me last night. All of a sudden the traction control and engine light came on and the messages flashed as follows. "Service Traction Control", "Service Stabilitrack", and then "Engine Power Reduced". I could only go about 35-40 mph. When I got home I turned truck off and turned it back on about 30 minutes later and the engine light is still on and it hasnt done it again yet. I read it could be throttle body or accelerator pedal assembly. I bought my truck used with about 80,000 and I do not have a warranty on it. About how much did the accelerator position pedal cost you if you dont mind me asking. I will be paying for what needs to be done.

Thanks
sierramac10
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLE 5.3L V8 2wd
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Blizzard [OP] » May 13 2013, 1:44am

It was covered under warranty and they did not say how much it costs, sorry
Original Poster
Blizzard
Topics: 25
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2012
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3l z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby GM Customer Service » May 15 2013, 7:21pm

sierramac10 wrote:My 2010 GMC Sierra did this to me last night. All of a sudden the traction control and engine light came on and the messages flashed as follows. "Service Traction Control", "Service Stabilitrack", and then "Engine Power Reduced". I could only go about 35-40 mph. When I got home I turned truck off and turned it back on about 30 minutes later and the engine light is still on and it hasnt done it again yet. I read it could be throttle body or accelerator pedal assembly. I bought my truck used with about 80,000 and I do not have a warranty on it. About how much did the accelerator position pedal cost you if you dont mind me asking. I will be paying for what needs to be done.

Thanks

sierramac10,
What are your plans on getting this checked into? If you decide to work with a dealership, please be sure to keep us posted on your progress on the repairs! We're available should you have any questions.
Sarah, GM Customer Service
GM Customer Service
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby sierramac10 » Dec 17 2013, 3:30am

This issue as been fixed for my truck. It turned out to be the accelerator position pedal. The Chevy/GMC dealership I went to said that if it was the throttle body it would have been covered under my powertrain warranty, but the accelerator position pedal was not covered. It was $225 to fix the issue. I was expecting more but I am just glad it have it fixed now. It has been about 7 months and I have not had any problems.
sierramac10
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLE 5.3L V8 2wd
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Electrical