jQuery not supported.

Turn/Flasher Module Problem

Turn/Flasher Module Problem

Postby mevans0486 [OP] » Oct 08 2010, 3:52pm

I had an issue late last year where my left turn signal would either not work, stick on or cause the 4 ways to come on. This was during the winter time and once it got warm the issue went away. I thought that was kinda odd, but being in a tight on money I figured there was not reason to fix what at the time was not broke. Anyways, it is cold again that the problem has resurfaced. However now the left turn signal is just not working. Right works completely fine, and the 4 ways, which are 2 ways right now, work as they should. After some digging, most routes pointed to the turn/flasher module, GM part # 15764135. I know that there is already another thread similar to this, but I know that this is the part that need changed. However in my searching I found that most places are recommending to not use the GM part # 15764135, which is a 2/4 way with trailering, but to use GM part # 10383321, which is a 3/6 way with trailering. I will be pulling a camper before to long, so is it a good idea to go ahead with the 3/6 way, or will the 2/4 way be Ok? As always, thank you in advanced!
Mevans0486
Original Poster
mevans0486
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 14
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2003
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: LS 4.8L V8 Ext.Cab
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  03 silverado flasher problem.   My turn... undercoating problem   Turn signal problem   Weird turn signal/radio problem   Onstar gen 7 turn by turn display location   Help with ABS module   programmer or module   Engine Start Module   Body Control Module   Led flasher for led bulbs   power seat switch/module   Memory module for Seat, 07' Silverado   Transfer Case Control Module help?   Remote Start and Bypass Module help 
Electrical Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: Turn/Flasher Module Problem

Postby koolz71 » Oct 25 2010, 2:49am

My flasher relay went bad as well..the dealer fixed it i dont know what part number they used but if u can use the 3/6 with no issues just use it that way your good to go when u upgrade
Crap, my hampster fell off the wheel and it broke its leg.

Check out my blog

koolz71
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 91
Blogs: 14
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2004
Extra Info: Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby mevans0486 [OP] » Oct 29 2010, 8:19pm

Well, stupid me, I guess I totally missed the blown fuse... So replaced that and we are signaling again! Interesting that it was that side that I was messing with to see if the master controller on the door, to see if there was power there for a turn signal for a mirror.
Mevans0486
Original Poster
mevans0486
Topics: 14
Blogs: 0
Year: 2003
Extra Info: LS 4.8L V8 Ext.Cab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby koolz71 » Oct 30 2010, 7:49am

im glad u got the issue taken care of, and sometimes the simplest things are the hardest
Crap, my hampster fell off the wheel and it broke its leg.

Check out my blog

koolz71
Topics: 91
Blogs: 14
Year: 2004
Extra Info: Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Electrical