Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Turn Signal and Hazard lights not working 2001 HD 2500

13K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  urbancynic 
#1 ·
Yesterday I bought a new trailer and the turn signals on the trailer wouldn't work, however the lights on the truck would. Now the truck turn signals and flashers do not work at all. I checked the fuses for both truck and trailer connections and their is no power to the fuse, all fuses are good. The electric brakes and running lights are working on the trailer but no flashers on truck or trailer. replaced flasher relay on back of fuse box. still no flashers

#3 ·
Problem solved. The culprit was the combination switch. The local parts store had an aftermarket switch but it did not have all the features of the OEM so I opted for the OEM switch it was pricy but it returned the truck to its original condition. Not a big deal for some but I plan on keeping this truck another twelve years. Up to and including this repair my annual maintenance cost for this truck excluding tires and oil has been less than $300.00 per year. However I no longer allow my wife to drive it much as she has managed to damage almost every body panel and keeps our local body repair man in business. Thank those of you who reviewed my problem and provided your insight.

#4 ·
Glad you got it fixed. I was about to suggest that as a solution.

When I did body work and paint we had a saying "Women drivers - keeping America's body shops in business since 1912"

Horribly sexist, but our biggest business on the insurance side was from employees from the local strip club.... maybe that was why though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.