Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Wipers Stuck On

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  bluebowtie 
#1 ·
Hey Guys!

I'm a new member to this forum so far its been great!

I have a little problem for anyone with further insight...

So as of right now I have my wiper fuse pulled when its not snowing or raining because they are stuck on when the fuse is in. Its on around medium speed and I can make them go faster but not slower.

I have narrowed it down to either the actual switch coming out of the steering column or the pulse board on the firewall for the wipers.

The only reason I am not leaning towards the switch because I heard if the switch is shot than most likely the cruise ect would have issues which it doesn't.

Apparently these pulse boards generally blow a diode that causes them to get stuck..

I Would just like to see if anyone has had the same problem as me, or any more insight to the problem because I would really like to just change 1 part and solve this problem and not make it a bigger ordeal..

by the way its a 2003 silverado
CHEERS GUYS

Derek

See less See more
#4 ·
When i did my brothers 03 cts board it was in that area kinda between the bottom of the windshield and the hood.

First time it happened we were driving over the peace bridge and we couldn't get the wipers to turn off, the Canadian border cross agent was like "sir can you please turn off your wipers?" and we told him that they were stuck on and we couldn't figure how to turn them off. Then he just handed back our passport cards and said "thats so f-ing annoying, have fun in Toronto"

Fastest border cross we ever had.

#5 ·
hahaha thats a great story! Yeah it is extremely annoying the first time it happened to me as well because I didn't know which fuse to pull in order to get them to turn off. But yes I located it on the drivers side firewall. Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.