Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

0449 Code

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Foxrider120 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 Silverado with a short cab and short box. It just turned over 22,000 miles and the check engine lite came on. I went to Advanced auto and it came up with a 0449 code, which they said was the Purge Solenoid. I cannot find it, I can find the charcoal canister. Can someone tell me where it is located. Thanks for any info.

#3 ·
P0449 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit Malfunction

From my reading...

The P0449 is a test that is run on the vent solenoid circuit to check the electrical functions in basic terms. The computer is putting out voltage amount X and in a properly functioning circuit it knows it will see voltage amount Y come back. It isn't coming back as what it expects to come back at so there must be something electrically wrong with the vent circuit. And of course if the vent doesn't work you get a large leak. A new vent valve might fix.

This service bulletin might help you too..

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.