jQuery not supported.

1995 5.7L throttle body cleaning?

How shall I go about this

1995 5.7L throttle body cleaning?

Postby plishp [OP] » Oct 18 2013, 3:19am

Ok, so I got a 1995 gmc with the tbi 5.7l and pedal seems to stick. After I lubed up the cables and pedal it still sticks... With a little research I figured my throttle body is dirty causing the stick. I have tried to watch some videos to prepare my self to clean it, but all the videos I have found are the 1995 and up trucks. So how would I go about cleaning mine? It looks like there are some sort of injectors on top do I have to take them off? Also would I need a new gasket for the tb to intake manifold?
Any help would be appreciated, this sticky pedal is annoying!
Thanks
Original Poster
plishp
Topics: 3
Blogs: 0
Year: 1995
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 SLE 4X4 5.7L
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  Cleaning Throttle Body   Throttle Body Cleaning   Throttle body cleaning/maf   throttle body fuel injection cleaning on 2010   Throttle body going out?   Throttle body    03 throttle body on an 09   Throttle body   Throttle Body Spacer?   Throttle body mistake   upgrading throttle body ??!!   Oil in throttle body   Ported throttle body   Throttle Body failure 
Engine Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: 1995 5.7L throttle body cleaning?

Postby EKinMN » Oct 20 2013, 1:42pm

They may look different, but the general procedures should be the same. anyway, giving this a "bump" so others might chime in...
2010 Sierra All-Terrain. Mods: Range AFM delete, R.C. 2" level, 275/65-18 tires, mudflaps, soft toneau cover, bed mat, side steps, and HIDGuy 35w 5000k HID's
EKinMN
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 146
Blogs: 6
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: All Terrain Z71
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users

Postby oakasrtheshiz » Oct 20 2013, 6:40pm

according to the moderator wacker, this type of post is not welcome on this forum. this forum is for SILVERADO & SIERRA ONLY! How dare you bring up another vehicle, you are really muddying up this site
oakasrtheshiz
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 3
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: crew cab
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby Rogue205 » Oct 21 2013, 5:49am

oakasrtheshiz wrote:according to the moderator wacker, this type of post is not welcome on this forum. this forum is for SILVERADO & SIERRA ONLY! How dare you bring up another vehicle, you are really muddying up this site

I dont think you realize there are plenty of guys (and gals) on here that are 90's C/K Truck owners. And technically most of them are the "Silverado/Sierra" trims. Even if it was against rules, that's what mods are for.

For op, I believe the TBI gasket is one that has to be replaced if the TBI is removed. I know I'm planning to do a cleaning too once I get the flow plate I'm gonna put on. Figure clean it while I have it off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Rogue205
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 11
Blogs: 1
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 1993
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 3500 SRW 350 V8 2WD
Group Membership:
Registered users