jQuery not supported.

94 chevy silverado cranks but wont start

94 chevy silverado cranks but wont start

Postby e55d199 [OP] » Mar 28 2012, 1:34am

hey guys new to the fourm i just recently bought a 1994 chevy silverado it ran perfect started first turn of the key and everything but it need a radio so i installed a aftermarket radio and it started fine and ran the same so one day i get there and the battery was dead so i jumped it and it started right away so i let it run for a bit to charge and i figured i would shut it off to see if it would start again so i shut it off and tried to start it and it cranked but wouldnt run so i figured it was out of gas so i whent and bought 30 dollars worth of gas and still it wouldnt start and the battery was dead again so i figured the radio was dranining the battery so i disconnected it and charged the battery and still nothing so i figured either the fuel pump relay or fuse was shot so i replaced the fuse and the the relay and still nothing so im guessing it is the fuel pump but im not 100% sure is there anyway that i can test the pump or something because i really dont want spend 185 bucks if i dont have to any help will be greatly appriciated thanks
Original Poster
e55d199
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 1994
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: 94 chevy silverado cranks but wont start

Postby scottja » Mar 28 2012, 1:44am

I think that model has a fuel filter on the frame if so pull the line of the filter and see if the pump is working if it is change the filter. Had a 92 that the filter stoped up so bad it wouldn't run and had changed the pump before I found out it was the filter.
scottja
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 11
Year: 2007
Extra Info: 1500 4.8 crewcab 2wd
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: 94 chevy silverado cranks but wont start

Postby e55d199 [OP] » Mar 28 2012, 1:47am

ok thank you i will give it a try in the morning i mean if i pour gas in the carb it fires right up so it has to be either the filter or the pump
Original Poster
e55d199
Topics: 3
Year: 1994
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Engine