Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Just remembered why I prefer ngk plugs over acdelco.

5K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  gmcultr 
#1 ·
I just bought the stuff to do a TuneUp plugs and wires.... the delco iridium plugs I got for a nice price $5.20 each.. a great deal and a dollar cheaper than my ngks... well I opened all of them up when i got home to check them and sure enough one was damaged. The delcos don't come with the protective sleeve like the ngks do... disappointed.

sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S4

#4 ·
Totally irreverent but that last vehicle I had to install new plugs in was a 1990 chevy that I used as a taxi <<<220 Klm none of our other 8 vehicles since had enough mileage on them for a tuneup >

#5 ·
puppeteer said:
I have never had any issues with the AC delco plugs that i have ever used.
Its not a product issue, I know the plugs are great(when not damaged)... I've never had an issue with ngk or acdelco iridium plugs so I use what's cheapest.... it's purely a packaging issue... the gap was like nothing... and iridiums are easily damaged if you try to gap them so... 40mile round trip back to make them replace the plug... which in gas it would have been just as cheap to get the NGKs I originally wanted.

What can the little sleeve cost? .0001cents? Too much to ask I guess.. I'm just really peev'd about it. Coupled with my acdelco pump that died in 2months(less than 3,000) miles... I'm pretty peev'd in general with acdelco.

#6 ·
Both are good plugs, NGK are OEM in many products like YAMAHA and I use them in my boats and ATV`s. I used the ACdelco Iridiums in the trucks, found a good deal on ebay on them but would use NGK in a heartbeat. Yeah it looks like they all would use the paper protectors.

#10 ·
Iridium electrodes are super easy to damage... I wouldn't take the risk especially as closed as this plug was. As a general rule you don't adjust the gap on iridiums... they're not like platinums.

#13 ·
I guess when delcos were made by ngk they came with sleeves and now that I think denso has the contract again they can't afford it even though ngk tr5ix and delco 41-110 are the same price typically.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.