jQuery not supported.

No gas from injectors - 1993 Chevy Silverado C1500

No gas from injectors - 1993 Chevy Silverado C1500

Postby jesse008 [OP] » Oct 11 2012, 2:22pm

I picked up a used 1993 Chevy C1500 Silverado 5.7L 2WD back in January. Been running pretty good up to a few weeks ago. It started acting up while driving it, seemed like the engine would totally cut out, pm gauge would spike while it did this. My first thought was it wasn't getting gas so I replace the fuel filter and it did the same thing. One day it just stopped running while driving it. So I took it to a friend of mine who has been a professional mechanic for years but is now a shade tree one. We noticed there was no gas getting to the carb so we figured it was the fuel pump which we replaced and still have the same issue. He did some testing and it appears this truck had a alarm system in it at one time. He found some wires that we're spliced back good and fixed them. In is testing he noticed the injectors we're firing, so no gas to the carb. So he thought it was the computer. He's out of town for 2 weeks now, I picked up a new computer, plugged it in and still no gas from the injectors.

I can do maintenance, but am not real mechanically inclined but also not afraid to try things. At this point we have replaced the fuel pump, pump sock, fuel filter and computer.

Any ideas what to look at next? Any and all help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance..
Jesse
Original Poster
jesse008
Topics: 1
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 1993
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.7L
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  Suspension upgrade for 1993 C1500   1993 chevy silverado 1500 4x4 owners/service manual   1993 Chevy, no power to anything...   1993 silverado 4x4 man Trans issue   Changing transmission filter on '96 Silverado C1500   1995 C1500 Silverado Shortbed Stepside Tailgate   Compatibility/Fit Question for 1992 C1500 Silverado   1992 C1500 Ext Cab Silverado PART NEEDED!!   Gas Mileage silverado 5.3   Need Help With New Silverado Gas mileage issue   04 silverado 2500hd gas mileage   Clicking gas pedal when released - '08 Silverado   Ignition Switch...1993 Sierra   1993 Cheyenne Wheel Stance 
Engine Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: No gas from injectors - 1993 Chevy Silverado C1500

Postby lzn197 » Oct 13 2012, 6:04pm

Fixed one JUST like it. Your problem is the undercover wire harness for your fuel sender assembly. Yes you changed the fuel pump but this harness is right under the sender cover. 4 wire harness. You have to remove the tank and sender to get to it. If you wiggle the wires, it MAY work for some time but needs to be replaced.
Gordon
2004 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Z71
Semi-retired Master Mechanic
lzn197
ASE Certified
ASE Certified
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
Topics: 6
Blogs: 16
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2004
Extra Info: K1500 5.3L Z71 EX
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Postby jesse008 [OP] » Oct 15 2012, 7:58pm

Took your advice and replaced the fuel pump harness..still no pulse at the injectors.

I did pull the ignition control module and had it tested, it came back good. Did some more testing, I'm not getting spark at the plugs either.

Does the ICM control both and could it be bad even though it tested good?

I'm at a total loss at this time...
Original Poster
jesse008
Topics: 1
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 1993
Extra Info: 5.7L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby johndeere9203 » Oct 15 2012, 10:08pm

your truck should be TBI so you may need a new TB the fuel pressure regulator is in the TB my 94 i had was just pouring gas into the intake and flooding the motor so i changed the TB and it worked fine. and no spark at all? you may need new cap and rotor or you guys messed up some wiring when you "fixed" the bad splices?
2014 Camaro SS 6.2L, 6 spd, npp dual mode exhaust, short throw shifter. (426hp stock)
johndeere9203
Automotive Technician
Automotive Technician
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Topics: 61
Blogs: 1
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2012
Extra Info: 2500HD 6.0L Z71
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Return to Engine