Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Programmer for 5.7 Vortec silverado

6K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  kwslvdo04 
#1 ·
I recently bought a 1996 Silverado 4X4 with the 5.7 Vortec motor with 44k original miles, Im trying to find a good programmer for it and the only two ive found is Hypertech MAx energy and Jet performance. I got spoiled with my diablo intune and custom tune from Lew. So what im trying to figure out is if im going to be happy with just a plain hypertech or jet programmer and if its worth me spending 325 bucks or am I going to be disappointed. So I need your guys help maybe some of you had or have 5.7 Vortecs and could give me some insight here. Thanks a lot for your help

#4 ·
I have a Jet chip in my truck. Pretty noticeable difference when I run 93 octane on a regular basis. Mpg averages around 17 to 18 driving back and forth to work.

#7 ·
It's in my 93, it has the 5.7. I believe the only difference between motors is the heads.
Not sure on which stage mine is, it's been in there for about 8 years or so.

#11 ·
Convert to 0411 pcm and tune it however you wish. The Blackbox those trucks have is really limited. Some guys still do them being PCMFORless and I suppose because everyone seems to love them Blackbear. The old Jet and Hypertech stuff will lighten your wallet and not much else.

#15 ·
kwslvdo04 said:
ya that was kind of what I was thinking no point in spending 300 to 350 bucks if I'm going to be disappointed I think I'm just going to leave it alone and maybe have a light shift kit installed when I have the transmission fluid and filter changed
I recommend doing the corvette servo for the transmission. A lot of people do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.