jQuery not supported.

Reduced Engine Power

REALLY need help

Reduced Engine Power

Postby Driver59 [OP] » Aug 08 2012, 12:47am

So I'm sure that this topic has been beaten to death but I really need a bit of help. I keep getting the reduced engine power light after replacing the following components: Pedal position sensor, throttle body, mass air flow sensor, TAC module, and O2 sensors. I'm pretty much down to the issue of replacing my engine computer all together. I have had a Hypertech Power Programmer on it now for quite some time and I'm sure that messing with that over the years has no doubt contributed to my computer taking a dump. So here are the couple issues I face. I'm in the Air Force stationed in Italy and it's not like I can just run to an Autozone or a Chevy dealership to get help. I don't exactly drive a Fiat. I took my computer out of my truck to find that has an uncommon number (SERV. NO.-- 12576106) as opposed to the one that typically starts out 1258.... I can get a replacement through Cardone (PN-- 776106F) but it needs flash programming both on and off the vehicle. How do I go about getting that done if I'm not exactly in a place with U.S. dealerships? Any help would be great. Thank you!
Original Poster
Driver59
Topics: 2
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2003
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  Engine Power Is Reduced..   Reduced Engine Power comes on   Reduced Engine power mode   Misfire, Reduced Engine Power   engine power reduced sierra`07 , HELP!!   Reduced Engine Power/ Service Stablitrak   Stabiltrack, traction, reduced engine power, rough idle   Reduced power after throttle body clean.   2003 GMC Reduced Brake Power Message   Reduce engine power message   Engine Whining, power steering, brake and electrical problem   No Power to Radio, power door locks 06 Sierra   99 manual window door swapped with power window door - power   No power at all 
Engine Sponsor
Advertise Here

Reduced Engine Power

Postby Machster69 » Aug 08 2012, 2:22am

It was my understanding the reduced engine power could typically be blamed on faulty grounds, for the engine block and also the tb...
Machster69
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 104
Blogs: 8
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 5.3 SLE 2wd
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users

Re: Reduced Engine Power

Postby Driver59 [OP] » Aug 08 2012, 2:31am

I've checked the grounds and they appear to be fine as well as the wiring. The Reduced Engine Power light usually occurs upon the first start of the day whether it be hot or cold. I will start it and have to turn it off about 3-4 times and after that it drives fine for the rest of the day. Sometimes it idles/revs real high upon the first start until I shut it off.
Original Poster
Driver59
Topics: 2
Blogs: 0
Year: 2003
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Reduced Engine Power

Postby Machster69 » Aug 08 2012, 2:34am

Ok, well thats the only time i think ive seen it fixed is when the ground was moved. They can look fine, but not always be suffice. I think i saw an ecm shorting out once causing it but... Thats all i got :/
Machster69
Topics: 104
Blogs: 8
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 5.3 SLE 2wd
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru