jQuery not supported.

Truck quit while driving

will not crank

Truck quit while driving

Postby SVSS44 [OP] » Oct 07 2010, 3:58am

My 2002 Silverrado W/175K miles suddenly quit while my wife was driving. She was low on gas, we grabbed the gas can and put gas in it. After sitting for about 30 min it cranked but quit again before i could get to the gas station (while driving). I pushed it to the station and put gas in it and it still will not crank. It's trying to crank but not catching( ignition) ? I'm guessing the fuel pump or the filter ? Help
Original Poster
SVSS44
Topics: 1
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2002
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  truck quit at 65mph   Someone driving my truck!   Truck stalls while driving, feels like no power   HELP, truck switching from drive to neutral while driving.   Idle drops and then truck dies while driving   Annoying clicking noise under the truck while driving   truck shut off driving now wont start   I can't quit!   04 silveraido powersteering quit!!!   My speakers quit working   My speakers quit working   Driver window quit   cold driving   Driving with HID's on 
Engine Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: Truck quit while driving

Postby lzn197 » Oct 08 2010, 12:07am

Sounds like you killed the fuel pump or it is sucking bad fuel from the bottom of the tank. Try to spray some carburetor cleaner in the intake and see if it starts then. If it does, your fule pump might be toast or a plugged fuel filter. Has it even been changed?
Gordon
2004 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Z71
Semi-retired Master Mechanic
lzn197
ASE Certified
ASE Certified
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
Topics: 6
Blogs: 16
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2004
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: K1500 5.3L Z71 EX
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Return to Engine