Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

low interior drone help

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  JCunningham 
#1 ·
after all the research still hard to tell on interior noise..
I know u have to expect some but i do all highway and a lot of towing long distance so 13 hours of interior drone will get old quick..

most of my research says Corsa has like 0 interior drone but sounds awesome outside. seems very expensive though and was what other system has the same effects for a reasonable price...
I can get a used MBRP dual stainless system for like 300 bucks but again trying to get the feedback on interior drone

#2 ·
I'm running a Flowmaster 40 and there is a substantial amount of drone, but only right before the shift points. Once at cruising speed it just has a nice quiet mellow tone inside, not objectionable at all. I drove from Indiana to Missouri and it didn't bother me at all.

#5 ·
I had a Dynomax UltraFlo Welded stainless steel catback system on my '09 Sierra and it absolutely did not drone. Just a nice low rumble, even when in 4-cylinder mode.

Too bad you don't live close by. I'd make you a HECK of a good deal on it. Only ran it for 5K miles or so. It's just laying in the garage taking up space. If anyone close by in this area wants it, PM me.

I'd still recommend the Dynomax.

#7 ·
REDDAWN2013 said:
I hear Corsa is the best for the 5.3L. Borla is aslo really good. Then magna flow. IMO just wait and get what is best. Dont rush it. You will regret it. I am getting Borla for my 6.2L and Corsa for my 2002 Grand Prix GTP. Best of luck and keep us updated.
Yep, I have researched and everyone says Corsa for no interior drone
then Borla right there with it..
Not sure what I will do yet
based on that info they are also the 2 most expensive systems out there
thanks for the feedback

#8 ·
BigBlueLB756 said:
I had a Dynomax UltraFlo Welded stainless steel catback system on my '09 Sierra and it absolutely did not drone. Just a nice low rumble, even when in 4-cylinder mode.

Too bad you don't live close by. I'd make you a HECK of a good deal on it. Only ran it for 5K miles or so. It's just laying in the garage taking up space. If anyone close by in this area wants it, PM me.

I'd still recommend the Dynomax.
that is too bad! If I were closer I would prob take you up on it and give it a shot....Thanks for the offer and input

#9 ·
tinsoldier1013 said:
Go with the Borla, I had a G----- on my last truck and had a headache and complaining wife after a few hours on the road. No have a Borla, very happy, good sound, no drone, check their site
Thanks tinsoldier, That seems to be one of the 2 options for what i am looking for..
the headache i can deal with but
definatly dont want the complaining wife
she complains enough now dont need anymore!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.