jQuery not supported.

My exhaust setup

My exhaust setup

Postby Z71will [OP] » Jan 14 2017, 2:12am

As many may know I've had a nightmare installing my long tube headers on my 2000 Silverado z71. The passenger side went in easily but I was touching the transmission oil cooler line. The driver side was much harder and I had to dent it in two different spots so it wouldn't hit the front driveshaft. The headers are speed engineering. I would definitely advise these as a great cheap stainless setup because the quality of them are great and so is the price, but only for rwd trucks. If you have a 4wd you will have a hard time like I did. I deleted my cats and installed a y pipe going into a single 3 inch thick exhaust into a borla xr-1 muffler and out the back right side. This setup is by far the best sounding exhaust system I've heard on a Silverado! I'll put up a video of the sound tomorrow. I also deleted the egr with my new headers as well and got a mail order tune by frost and not only does it sound great but it performs better as well. Tires will spin easily without even trying. The mid range power is great and so is the sound! Only complaint I have (other than the fitment issues with the headers) is that it does have some drone. But I was expecting that anyways. Overall it was hard work getting it together but I'm very happy with the results.
Attachments
IMG_1701.JPG
IMG_1702.JPG
IMG_1703.JPG
IMG_1707.JPG
IMG_1709.JPG
Original Poster
Z71will
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 18
Year: 2000
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Z71 4x4 5.3 Vortec
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: My exhaust setup

Postby WhiteBoyZ71 » Jan 14 2017, 6:58am

I was just about to post on your "Driving with open headers" thread to learn of the out come after your install was done.

Sorry to hear you had such trouble with your set of headers. I have the same set with an AFM/DOD delete, cam swap, CAI, custom tune, there ORY, no cats & single 3" piping through a Thrush welded series muffler & MBRP 3 1/2" tip on my 07.5 Z71 4x4 and there is plenty of clearance everywhere and the truck sounds great & screams when you stand on it. Granted, I know your truck is the older body style and the only reason I referred you to the Speed Engineering headers is because of the build quality & my tuner also recommends this brand for our trucks and runs a set on his own truck that is a 2wd RCSB version of your truck. I've also seen and heard a 2012 Camero run that he tuned/cam swapped & used this same brand of header on with no cats and it's sick. I just wonder what made the tolerances so close on your application.
"It's YOUR truck, build it how YOU want it"
WhiteBoyZ71
Topics: 26
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2007
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L 4x4 Z71
Instagram: @whiteboyz71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ferraiolo1 » Mar 20 2017, 3:26pm

After a few months, hows everything holding up?
Carven Exhaust, Diablo, Airraid MIT, Anthem wheels, Fox 2.5in coil overs/cognito UCAs, Zone 1.5in BL.
SOLD: 2008 Silverado 1500 Z71
Truck summary page 48
ferraiolo1
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 40
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2015
Extra Info: Z71 RCSB
Instagram: 2015rcsb
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby Z71will [OP] » Mar 21 2017, 3:26am

ferraiolo1 wrote:After a few months, hows everything holding up?

Yeah everything still runs great no problems at all. I even went off roading no problems at all.
Original Poster
Z71will
Topics: 18
Year: 2000
Extra Info: Z71 4x4 5.3 Vortec
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ferraiolo1 » Mar 21 2017, 11:20am

Good, good!
Carven Exhaust, Diablo, Airraid MIT, Anthem wheels, Fox 2.5in coil overs/cognito UCAs, Zone 1.5in BL.
SOLD: 2008 Silverado 1500 Z71
Truck summary page 48
ferraiolo1
Topics: 40
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2015
Extra Info: Z71 RCSB
Instagram: 2015rcsb
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Return to Exhaust