Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

NEED HELP ORDERING EXHAUST BENDS FOR CUSTOM EXHAUST!

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Stainless Works 
#1 ·
I am doing a custom exhaust in my shop on my 2009 chevy crew cab short box 1500 with a 5.3L. now since i dont have a pipe bender but i have a welder, so i am going to try to buy individual bends to get the job done. could i get a list of what bends and how many feet of straight tubing i will need? also should i true dual my pickup or just "Y" it out? and what size exhaust and what muffler? i want it to be as deep and growly as possible. so whatever will get me that, thats what i want.

#3 ·
You can order a mandrel bent tail pipe from MagnaFlow or flowmaster... and install whatever muffler you want...

But truthfully... the stock exhaust piping is 2.75" & going to 3" doesn't really have much (if any) gains... just swap out the muffler for whatever you like... I am personally a MagnaFlow fan... or Borla/Corsa if you got the $

#4 ·
I personally would buy yourself a hotrod exhaust kit or gets a complete truck kit that comes with various pipes.

I have not found a shop yet that does exhaust how I like it and most of them dont bend mandrel pipes, let alone stainless steel mandrel pipes, (which i personal wold never do anything but)

the problem is going to be the odd bends that dont come in a kit or pre-bent.. such as the 10 degree bends of if you just need a slight bend. keep this in mind

i am a DynoMax exhaust lover.

#6 ·
We offer a kits in different diameters that allow for you to cut & weld your non-standard bends. We only offer stainless steel but this should help you get an idea of what kind of bends you'll need for flexibility. We also expand the ends to allow for slip fit connections if required.

Here's what we include.
(4) 4' straights
(4) 45's
(4) 90 degree bends
(4) 180 degree

http://stainlessworks.net/exhaust-builder-kit-slip-fit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.