Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Oxygen sensor locations

6K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  jvnascar_3 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me how many oxygen sensors are there and where they are on the sierras? My truck has 160,000 and i was thinking of replacing them since its over 100k.

thanks in advance.

I did see one behind the passenger wheel in the front on the exhaust behind the wheel well flap. are there any more?

#5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I was thinking about replacing my cats with something a racing cat. still looking for a brand to pick. thought I would replace the sensors while I'm at it.

As usual, you guys rock!!

#12 ·
ASTE25 said:
If an O2 sensor malfunctions it will set a code and you will have a check engine light. If it doesn't set a code it is working correctly. They are not like spark plugs and do not need replacing due to mileage.
This is true.
I have had to replace 02 sensors on previous trucks. They can be a pain.
It is a good idea to invest in the tool that is made for pulling them, it is a socket that made especially for pulling the 02 senors. Also if the 02 sensors have been replaced and it is still throwing the code for the 02 sensors, there is an 02 sensor fuse that will blow when the 02 sensors go out. This fuse is located in the fuse box under the hood.

#14 ·
Just a small question..... I have a 2008 silverado and have a couple engine codes both for the same O2 sensor. here are the codes: P0138-Oxygen sensor circuit high voltage bank 1 sensor 2, and P2271- Oxygen sensor signal stuck rich bank 1 sensor 2. The question I have is how do i know which sensor is which? I have an idea but not for sure. Also I read on a post on here that there is a fuse under the hood, will it be mark as to which fuse is for the O2 sensors?

#15 ·
Bank 1 is going to be the driver side exhaust pipe. Sensor 2 will be the sensor pretty much under your feet. What I did when I had this code was swapped the driver sensor with the passenger side and the code followed the sensor to the passenger side. I don't know about the fuse.
Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.