Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

True duals vs si/do

487 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dav2no1 
#1 ·
I am finally getting my exhaust system installed, but i was just looking at some other topics that contain things about performance loss due to backpressure.
I have a 2015 5.3, and i was going to go with true duals w/ super 10s, but i read i might lose performance due to backpressure, and a si/do would not have any performance loss but not as loud.
My question is: Is it true that i may lose performance by putting true duals on due to backpressure?

#2 ·
I just left the exhaust shop and asked a bunch of questions about dual exhaust. He said it is illegal for them to install true duals unless you remove the 3rd cat yourself. They cannot legally remove it unless of course it's replaced with something else. I was asking because I have true duals on my 64' and was asking if there was any advantage vs SI/DO. These trucks are adjusted with computers, so my opinion is that there is no advantage other than looks and sounds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.