jQuery not supported.

2001 silverado DRL question

2001 silverado DRL question

Postby chefjpq [OP] » Nov 05 2011, 2:15am

Ok as stated I have a 2001 silverado I put led's in for the DRL and turn signals. My question is there are 2 lights ( the ones closest to the grill) which do not come on while I'm driving, don't come on when hazards flash it turn signals run what are these for?? Just for clarification these lights are on either side closest to the grill
Original Poster
chefjpq
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 9
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2001
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 4.3 v6 CIA
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  HELP! DRL Question (newb)   hid and drl question   NBS DRL question   2014 Sierra DRL LED question.    08 Silverado changing DRL's to Running lights   drl to fog lamp converson on 2007 silverado   2001 silverado   2001 silverado 4.3l backfire   2001 Silverado, Hd axle swap   Ranch Hand for 2001 silverado   2001 silverado HD Need new tire how big can I go   2001 silverado 4.8l alternator issues...possibly. ..   2001 chevy silverado jump seat   2001 Silverado Cruise Control Issues 
Exterior Sponsor
FREE Shipping on Truck Accessories!
Special Offers for SilveradoSierra.com members at AutoAnything.com

Re: 2001 silverado DRL question

Postby 20012500hd » Nov 05 2011, 2:29am

the one's closest to the grill next to the turn signals are the drl's. if the dome overide button is pushed, they stay off.
20012500hd
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Extra Info: 2500HD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: 2001 silverado DRL question

Postby Copperhead5.3 » Nov 26 2011, 8:49pm

The ones closest to your grille are your DRLS, yes. If your truck is in park they will not come on. If your truck has the emergency brake engaged they will not come on. So if u want 2 look at them you cannot have it in neutral and then have the emergency brake engaged. On the 01's like mine if u press the small dome override button 4 times it will give you the ability to manually select from off, parking lights, and headlights but will not let you use DRLs. I am trying to figure out how to hook up 6 LED lights i have on my bumper so they come on with the DRLs and the headlights. slightly Difficult.
Copperhead5.3
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 10
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Exterior