Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Adding HID's but have a question

624 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Daly 
#1 ·
I sell HID's and want to add a pair to my truck but I don't know if our trucks will cause any problems with the DTRL running at lower wattage. Anybody know if we need to run anything in addition to the HID bulbs/ballasts.

Thanks!
~Slim

#2 ·
I'm not running anything extra and my HID's work great, but I have heard that some guys are running into problems and need to run a relay. Thats about it, from what I've seen it's seams to be in the 2011 or 10's and down that need the relay.

#5 ·
There is alot of talk about it being bad for the ballasts to turn on and off randomly with the DRL. There will be no change in voltage if you run the relay b/c when the lights turns on, (being night or DRL) it just swiches the relay on and the ballasts get their power off the battery

#9 ·
35W is all you'll need, and I would look at the 5k. I have 6k's and they are nice, but a little on the blue side, 5k's are about as perfect white as you're going to get.

Or do 5k low beams and 6k fog lights. I don't even have HID's in my highs, with the improvement over the stock low beams I barely ever turn my highs on now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.